Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Hi, im having a hardtime figuring how to get the exhaust off the hangers? does the black rubber pieces stay on, or come off? what exactly are we taking off? i'm completely baffled. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
The rubber hangers can stay on or come off. Usually its easier to leave them on, otherwise your havin to fight with holding the exhaust up and squeezing your hand around the pipe. To get it off the hangers try using a screwdriver to stretch out the hole some while you pull the bracket out.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Once you undo the piping from the Cat converter you should be able to pull the exaust from the hanger.....And yes save the rubber hangers kuz you will need them if you plan on putting a pre-fabed exaust because the hanging brackets shuld slide on to those to suspend the exaust and keep it from rattleing like the little honda boys

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh, almost forgot, before you put the hangers back on take some petroleum jelly or vasoling and coat the hangers down, if you dont, they sometimes have a problem of splitting, also helps with minor squeeks

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bkilwy said:
The rubber hangers can stay on or come off. Usually its easier to leave them on, otherwise your havin to fight with holding the exhaust up and squeezing your hand around the pipe. To get it off the hangers try using a screwdriver to stretch out the hole some while you pull the bracket out.
what bracket are we talking about? and the screw driver is for prying out from the rubber hanger? and we are talking about the one closes to the ground? :)

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
it's much easier if you keep the rubber hangers on. just spray the hell out of it with WD40 to get it slippery to get the hooks out of the hangers. Just have alot of patience and profanity ready because it can be a pain to get the mushroom tip of the hook through the rubber. Lube it up, that's all I have to say

good advice for any time too :D

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i can get the 1 bolt off the exhaust, the exhaust hangers are another story and i need alot of paitence, which i now know from other members on the boards. thanks for all your help so far everyone! :)

hayalex6 said:
if you can't install the exhaust, which is 1 bolt, then step away from the car.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
everything just takes common sense.

if you can't move the hangar, then lube it up, which free's up the friction, so it's easy to take off.

Just step back and think about things first.

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
lube it up and don't forget to use protection!

.... always use protective eyewear :D

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes i will, thank you for the advice as well! :) :)
Dew said:
lube it up and don't forget to use protection!

.... always use protective eyewear :D

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, i finally was able to get the trd exhaust on. thanks for EVERYONE'S HELP and UNDERSTANDING. i can be a klutz sometimes. but hey, everyone starts from the beginning right? hehe... again, thanks everyone for your advice and tips.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i'm getting some rattling. i'm wondering if it's coming from my heat shield? sounds like a clanky noise?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Did you get the clamp tightened up?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i'll have to go under and check again.
your not referring to something that is on the heatshield are you? or is it the 12mm clamp is what your talking about?

Padanky said:
Did you get the clamp tightened up?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
12mm clamp, the main clamp.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
today i fired up the box and did not notice the rattle. i'll have to keep close observation and see what's causing it if it comes back.

Padanky said:
12mm clamp, the main clamp.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.