Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. This is my wifes car but I am allowed a little input on this.
We are trying to decide what to put on the RS 3.
We know we want chrome and we don't want to go larger than 16. We want it to look sharp but most important want to keep a smooth ride.

Currently we are deciding between these 3 wheels... all 16x7
KMC Tramp

Helo Spec

Helo Tease

As far as tires, I am looking at Hankook Ventus V4ES H105 - 205/50VR16, mainly because it is affordable and year round tire. It looks decent and seemed to get good reviews.

I like the deeper lips (not sure if that is the right terminology) and I really like the look below but not sure what all is involved in those wheels and tires and I am not sure about how comfortable the ride is.

Any thoughts or comments on this. Trying to keep a budget of $1300 or less tires and rims....
And if anyone has photos of the above listed wheels on an actual vehicle I would love to see them.

As a side note we are putting on either Goldlines or Tein S Techs

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I like the Helo Tease.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
I personaly like the Helo Spec. has a VIP look even though it's not wide enough. The KMCs look like American Racing knockoffs from the early 90's that every guy with a 1986 Sentra had, not a big fan. The car is Shelby's car. Those wheels are Work Equip 01: (F) 15x8 / (R) 15x9. Jap import VIP style (oldschool and very expensive). Check here for more on that car http://www.myallstarxb.com/. Wheels that wide tend to follow every little grove in the road, but they look cool. On a sad note, that car

i sno longer with us, it was destroyed in a fire.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Shelbys wheels are not VIP in anyway. Either are the helo specs, not due to width, but due to offset and small size. Yea it would be nice too if they were wider, but if they cant even sit flush, dont worry about the width of the wheel and consquent lip.

People have a REALLY distorted view of VIP i think

scott

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
That's funny. I actually like the KMCs best, but I'm not a lip guy.

I guess it isn't a secret that I'm going chrome with my wife's too. We got 17" Verde Scorpions (no gold):

The wife did her own photochop (first one!):

I think that chrome is the way to go with this car. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

-Alex

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
ScionScotty said:
Shelbys wheels are not VIP in anyway. Either are the helo specs, not due to width, but due to offset and small size. Yea it would be nice too if they were wider, but if they cant even sit flush, dont worry about the width of the wheel and consquent lip.

People have a REALLY distorted view of VIP i think

scott
Don't take this the wrong way, but you have a hard time reading. VIP STYLE !!!! Not true VIP. And before the current VIP trends hit, there was a time (which is now considered old school or retro) when that was VIP, when 15s and 16s were huge on cars.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
really because you are not on with this. The CLOSEST thing shelby can be considered to VIP is bosozoku style. Thats only if they molded the flares, threw on some WILD body kit, and cambered the heck outta the wheels. The EXEC style is all about 18s and up with airride and sick offsets. Any thing on a Scion is obviously VIP STYLE. No Scion is true VIP. Thats a FACT! 15 and 16" deep dish like the Equips are retro now yes, but I havent seen any VIP car with them on it. Point out one and Ill retract my statement. 15s and 16s with Bosozoku is plausible, but those wheels cant even pull it off without changed offsets, body work, and other crap.

PM me if you want me to go into this more with you. We're offtopic!

scott

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Everyone can see Tim and Scott fight to the death at the All Scion Show 3.0 in Ames, IA May 5th, 6th, and 7th!!! It's gonna be an OLD SCHOOL PIT FIGHT!!!

We'll wrap their hands in rags and glue glass on the backs just like a Jean Claude VanDamme movie!! WOOHOO!

We'll circle the Scions and they will FIGHT!!

YOU WON'T WANT TO MISS THIS!!

Hey, it would be worth showing up for, right?!

*THREADJACK, OVER*

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
ouch, nice plug there Grizz. OK Scott, I will agree with you on the fact that now (current times) is all about bags and bigger rims. But not 15-20 yrs ago, bags didn't exist, and 18's weren't produced. Kisses and hugs. I'm done.

Love,
Me

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the comments. Personally I like the Helo specs.
However, Alex you are killing me. :) My wife really liked the verde scorpions and when I looked up the gold version.... she saw them and I quote "I must have those!!" Those may be shooting over our budget just a tad... but these are the first she has seen that she just absolutely loved... so if it makes the wife happy.... well then

I am not sure what the offset is on those. Will I have problems with rubbing those and the goldlines or s techs?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Anything with a lip.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Both really. But I think the gold will go well with the green.

I like lips too, but I really think the gold will go well with the green.

Plus your wife likes them, gotta keep her happy. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am right there with you. I like the lips but I think the the gold on the scorpions and the green color on the RS 3 will look good.
I just need need to find a good place to purchase Verde wheels from... I haven't seen too many places online.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Please just no helo spec, i think the tease looks the best out of the three, the reason i dont like the tease is that almost every single wheel company has a version of it. Also if you get helos becareful because ive seen brand new ones that had a yellow color to them because of there cheap chroming process and ive seen a couple of sets like that, just a heads up

·
Registered
198 Posts
these are dub shorelines they might be alittle out of your price range and im not sure if they come in 4 by 100 but ive seen a set of 22 and the chrome is perfect it looks like your looking into a mirror

1 - 20 of 29 Posts