Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I disconnected the negative terminal, installed the new sub, amp, new ground etc etc. then when I reconnected the negative back to the battery now I have multiple lights on my dash. My power steering light is on, hand brake light is on, traction control light on, ABS light on and my cruise control doesn’t work. I have tried disconnecting the negative for 10 minutes and nothing. I have disconnected both negative and positive for 10 minutes and nothing. The vehicle drives fine but lights are annoying. I went to autozone to check the lights and they told me an ABS sensor A was bad but never had that issue until after the install.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Code vss is what it seems to be.
In an earlier post you said the code was for ABS Sensor A.......and now you say the code is VSS.

ABS Sensor A is a wheel speed sensor used in conjunction with the vehicles Antilock Brake System.

VSS is the speed sensor mounted on the transmission near the transmission output shaft and is used in conjunction with (most basically) the speedometer guage?

Does the speedometer work? If the speedometer works this means you don't need to replace the $200 VSS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In an earlier post you said the code was for ABS Sensor A.......and now you say the code is VSS. ABS Sensor A is a wheel speed sensor used in conjunction with the vehicles Antilock Brake System. VSS is the speed sensor mounted on the transmission near the transmission output shaft and is used in conjunction with (most basically) the speedometer guage? Does the speedometer work? If the speedometer works this means you don't need to replace the $200 VSS.
Speedometer doesn’t work. I have a 5 speed and the vss is located at the driver side wheel. The page autozone printed out says the code but there are two different sensors. The one I found is the vss and not the transmission sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts