Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my new Alpine CDA-9853 head unit. It's got three RCA outputs and I have it wired as follows: A & B outputs go to the 4 channel amp for the front and rear speakers, S/W output goes to the amp for the subs. The front and rear speakers are getting plenty of sound but the subs are barely audiable. The amp is getting power, the signal is there but it's not pumping at all.

I guess this question would be more for anyone who has used this unit since I can't figure out how to get the menu to the subwoofer channel or the fader for the subwoofer. If anyone has this head unit please let me know if you got it to work. The Alpine website is no help.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bluebb05 said:
turn the sub control up this happened with my alpine when i first got it its all the way down
That's the problem, the damn menu won't let me get to anything that turns the sub up. The only choices I have are ON and OFF. This is the model with the Glidetouch bar on the front. It seems cool but it's got a steep learning curve.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bluebb05 said:
turn the sub control up this happened with my alpine when i first got it its all the way down

It would appear you are correct Sir! I called back to Alpine customer service and played really dumb (not that much of a stretch) the owners manual was misprinted and didn't contain the right information for setting the sub levels. The guy on the line told me how to get to the right menu and I'll try it when I get home. This Glidetouch thing is gonna take some getting used to but it sounds awesome!

·
Registered
43 Posts
this will help...
i have the 9855 with the biolite display...
refer to page 29 in your alpine owner's manual, in the top right corner it has a bold heading that says "Audio Setting", look under the first sub-title called "Subwoofer On and Off", that section tells you how to get to the menu and the last line of that section tells you how to adjust the level.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
superfreestyle said:
this will help...
i have the 9855 with the biolite display...
refer to page 29 in your alpine owner's manual, in the top right corner it has a bold heading that says "Audio Setting", look under the first sub-title called "Subwoofer On and Off", that section tells you how to get to the menu and the last line of that section tells you how to adjust the level.
Thanks for the post. The setting is actually found by depressing the volume knob until the subwoofer menu appears, then turning the volume knob until the desired level is reached. (0-15) The instructions in the manual only lead to the on/off setting for the subwoofer. The manual had the wrong information printed. There were other things that the manual says the head unit does but it does not. Alpine figured it was cheaper and easier to tell people on the phone than to reprint the manual.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have the first release of the manual, that is exactly what mine says... i got one of the first batch when they came out and i even have the pages printed out as revisions to the manual

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.