Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
College Student
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I bought some black projector headlights with dual halos and 3 small LEDs off eBay. I knew they would be cheap quality headlight but I really like the look of them. Here's the problem, The projector lights aim pretty high and I'm getting flashed by other drivers and I don't have HIDs yet. The headlights don't have any adjustment screws of any type so what is another possible way to lower them without cracking the already cheap plastic.

I would like to get them lowered before I get even brighter HIDs.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
shims/washers under mounting screws/bolts?

You can always take the projectors apart & file the cut off plate down, but do it with the HIDs in place. They have a different focal point.

I'm not the lowest of the low, but I am the slowest of the slow.

·
College Student
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I was actually thinking about putting small washers and spacers. My HIDs from HIDGuy just came in today and I hooked everything up and nothing worked...so now I have that problem to work on. I've tried looking for people with similar problems but the search feature on here really needs to be upgraded. Should I just start another thread?

---------- Post added 10-16-2012 at 11:01 PM ----------

Edit:
I fixed the HID not working problem, I had to flip the plug from the ballast to the bulb, I guess HIDGuys mislabeled the positive and negative labels.

Also I went for a test drive with the new HIDs and got flashed twice within a couple blocks so now I feel like a jerk blinding people so I will try to lower the projectors. ha

·
Registered
365 Posts
I remember seeing a post on Scionlife a long time ago that had very detailed pictures on how take these lights apart and make adjustments with screws and washers, just as mentioned above, may be worth your time to try and find it. I will try too.

·
College Student
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just an update,
I ended up lowering the lights by taking apart the projectors and using 3 small washers(with minor trimming) on two of the top screws so that it pointed them down more.
The lights look so much better than the stock and greatly out perform them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts