Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the deal.

I know basically nothing when it comes to what happens under the hood of my car. I can check the oil, refill the washer fluid, jumpstart it...you get my drift. Is there anything I should look at that getting? btw, I'm not trying to drop $1000 or anything, but a little something to make it faster never hurt. :)

When it comes to the outside appearance stuff, I know I'll like my new spoiler and taillights. I know I want a new grill and Ebay seems to have a lot of cheap imitation stuff. What's a good price range to shoot for so I know I'm not gonna wind up with spray painted chicken wire?

And one more thing (WARNING: Possibly a really stupid question!!)...Can you buy different front and rear bumpers that won't be lower than the stock height? I drove my ex's Accord with a full body kit and I hated how many places I couldn't go because of it. I'm afraid if I went any lower I wouldn't be able to get in my own driveway.

Any advice or suggestions are really appreciated! Hopefully you guys don't mind me asking you this stuff. :eek:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Scion Xb Performance.

For performance I would suggest going to a muffler shop getting a 2.25" pipe ran from the cat back then get a magnaflow muffler and a nice tip. Weapon R header and intake. If you still have a little money left over the Perrin Performance crank pulley is really nice. I think those are the best performance mods you can possibly do unless you go supercharger nitrous turbo etc.

For lowering I like the Megan springs they are extremely affordable and they ride better then stock. When it comes to buy other parts I recommend buying Quality dont buy replica crap or rush into anything. I always suggest to everyone I talk to about my past in building cars buy what you really want and what you can afford. Meaning if you want a really nice grill say a T-Rex thats like $330? but you found some generic one on ebay for like $50 there is a reason one is more then the other. Just my .02c

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
LuminicsBulbsDotCom said:
When it comes to buy other parts I recommend buying Quality dont buy replica crap or rush into anything. I always suggest to everyone I talk to about my past in building cars buy what you really want and what you can afford. Meaning if you want a really nice grill say a T-Rex thats like $330? but you found some generic one on ebay for like $50 there is a reason one is more then the other. Just my .02c

I fully agree with Scott here. Be very careful on ebay, as a few of us on here have been bent over on that site via replica stuff. You gota pay to play :D Look into the companies that Scott mentioned above and a couple more is F5 Fujita, Nology, AEM. Just naming a few more for ya ;)

·
Registered
288 Posts
I agree with the above comments. :D

If you are interested in a lip kit that isnt much lower than stock the kenstyle is pretty close. However it all depends on whether or not you plan to lower it? I have TRD springs with the F1 lip kit and very rarely scrape.

Whatever you are interested in just post up on here and ask questions. Everyone on this site is pretty helpful.

Here are a couple places you can check out for parts.

http://www.newscionparts.com/index.php?id=31

http://ssuperstore.com/index.php/cPath/23_39

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Ill probably send ya a PM. I have some Tanabe DF210 springs that Im gonna need to sell. Ill be back this weekend if you're interested. For grills, dont buy the cheap ass ebay one if its billet. I bought it and the curve sucks ass. Im gonna have to get rid of that too once my new one is done. As for body kits that arent much lower, its hard to find. I know Grizzly Choppers has one that isnt much lower. Most are an inch lower or more. (mine)

If you need any help PM me, and ill help ya out. Ive pretty much installed anything and everything on these damn xBs. lol.

Scotty

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, so springs are going to lower, but not too much right? I'm serious, if I have to debate on whether or not I can make it into a driveway, or can't go to a certain mall because they have speed bumps, I don't want em.

Thanks for the help. As you can tell, I'm gonna have alot of questions.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, one more and then I'll stop being a post whore.

How did you guys decide on what you were going to use for headlights, grills, etc? Did you just see it on someone else's and buy it? Seeing that I don't plan on putting a kit on it and there aren't many pics of just stock xb's with grills (unless of course, you have some you wanna share :) )... I'd hate to drop $400 on a grill and not even like it once it's installed, kwim? God, I'm needy. lol.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Lowering is going to be a question of what plans you have for your car and what you want to spend.

As for myself and how I decided on what to buy. It was actually kind of trial and error. I bought some things that I thought were "cool" and went with a theme I had for my car.

But the longer I had my car the more I developed a sense of style that I wanted my car to have. Based on cars I saw both online, in magazines and in person. So I basically have sold a lot of items that I used to like because they no longer fit in the look that I am going after.

Before

After

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I can buy springs that will only lower about an inch, right?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think a kit is out for me. The scrape issue is just too important.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
MrSparkle said:
Lowering is going to be a question of what plans you have for your car and what you want to spend.

As for myself and how I decided on what to buy. It was actually kind of trial and error. I bought some things that I thought were "cool" and went with a theme I had for my car.

But the longer I had my car the more I developed a sense of style that I wanted my car to have. Based on cars I saw both online, in magazines and in person. So I basically have sold a lot of items that I used to like because they no longer fit in the look that I am going after.

Mr. Sparkle has a hot ride! Supa clean.

·
Registered
311 Posts
WhoDisFoo said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think a kit is out for me. The scrape issue is just too important.
TRD springs will give you tht 1" drop all the way around..

·
Registered
288 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
Mr. Sparkle has a hot ride! Supa clean.
Thanks! :D

WhoDisFoo said:

I have the TRD springs (1" drop) and a kit and have very little problems with scraping. Only on the most extreme driveways do I have any issues.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yellow_sub said:
heres a cool front lip that isn't lower than stock. i plan on gettin this one eventually. and you can get it prepainted too.
http://intensepower.com/inhcstabsfrl.html
Thanks for the suggestion! I'd probably get it if it didn't look exactly like what my ex has on his Accord. Blech! (Not about the lip, about the ex. :))

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
WhoDisFoo said:
Thanks for the suggestion! I'd probably get it if it didn't look exactly like what my ex has on his Accord. Blech! (Not about the lip, about the ex. :))
lol. you should still get. then you can show him what it looks like on a good looking car!!

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
has anyone found a rear lip that is the same height as the stock one? i will never run a kit for the scraping issue also. plus my car will be nearly two inches lower with my new wheels.also whodisfoo i currently have 18's with 2 1/4 inch drop and i have no scraping issues. we'll see with the new wheels though.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.