Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys! (and girls if there is any around here)

I need your help... I bought my box last year but I haven't done anything to it yet. The only thing I did is getting the rims and that was all (NO $$$ :( ) Hopefully this year is going to be better for me and my box.:) so now the first thing I wanna do for my box is get the rims painted but I don't know where to take them. A friend knows a place but they paint everything and I just want the center of the rims to get painted. So does anyone know of place that can help me with that? I live in Long Beach , CA.

All your help will be really appreciated!!!!:D

And by the way, sorry that I don't post any pics of my box or my rims but the true is I don't have a digital camara.:p and I know that you guys like the pics. Hopefully next time!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I think any body shop will paint your wheels (btw, there are girls around here. I'm one of them)

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Yeah most body shops will paint but if you can get them powder coated that would be better. Sounds like as with me money is an issue if so painting is fine. There are lots of things you will find on this site that can be done for very little money look around. Good luck and Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
What color did you want to paint them?

If you can find a bodyshop that is already mixing a batch of paint for a repair you can usually get them to paint some small parts like that for a reasonable fee. That’s how the local shop up here does it. So, for example, if you’re trying to color match your exterior paint try to find someone sending the same color box in for repair.

BTW, ‘congrats. You’ve found another girl. :)

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
there's a bunch of shops in the OC area, not far from the LBC. you can powdercoat 'em too. might be pricey but do your research. and yeah have pics next time. it's a must. :p

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Mag wheels in Santa Ana,
They do allot wheel repair and also refinish wheels to look like new.

I would get them powder coated then paint..
Powder coating is just stronger, But that also my opinion..

I had 4 wheels refinished and powder coated before and it cost me a total of $200 for all 4 wheels...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you can find a bodyshop that is already mixing a batch of paint for a repair you can usually get them to paint some small parts like that for a reasonable fee. That’s how the local shop up here does it. So, for example, if you’re trying to color match your exterior paint try to find someone sending the same color box in for repair.

BTW, ‘congrats. You’ve found another girl. :)
I want to paint them dark blue! I saw once a thundercloud XB with dark blue rims and I look really nice!:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so... u guys recomend to powder coated them? actually it's the firt time I hear that. Is it better than regular paint? does it last longer??

and thank you for all your replies guys and girls!!!!:D

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Powder coat is the way to go it is more durable. If the wheel is prepped right painting is ok and prolly cheaper. IMO it's worth a few $$ more to have them Powder Coated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.