Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy! I just moved to a little town called Monroe, WA, and decided my commute to Kirkland everyday wasn't gonna' cut it in my Dodge Durango. Nuthin' says "Please kick me" to the gas companies like a 11.5 mile per gallon SUV. So I just got my xb 2 weeks ago & I love it! If you live in this area say hi!

·
Registered
206 Posts
welcome to clubxb!!!! glad to have you here...... sorry i don't live near your area...LOL :D

aloha...
jon

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
Welcome to the forums!!!

808envygreenXB said:
...... sorry i don't live near your area...LOL
There's only a small pond of water between, it's not too far is it?...lol ;) :D

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Hmmmmm... I may be the closest to speak up so far, so hi, and welcome to the family!

I'm located WSW of Tacoma, so I'm still not THAT close, but there are active Scion clubs and a nice bunch of folks here in Western Washington.

Hope to see you around!

Tom

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Hello from SoCal-wanna-be-back-in-WA! :p I know your town, we used to pass through it all the time heading up to Stevens. You're gonna love all that traffic I bet! lol

Welcome!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the all the hello's!

Thanks for the welcome! The traffic isn't too bad yet, & my xb is still new enough that I don't mind sitting in the commute. As for that small pond between here & Hawaii, are you guys sure the box won't float? lol.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Whew! I'd sure put a whole lot of silicone grease on the door seals before I'd try... :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey there! im in Kirkland. about 30 mins from you! Monroe is booming - ull soon be getting the traffic we have. Theres a cute lil church thats the size of a playhouse off highway 2 aka Highway of Death lol. Beware of the wind in the valley on that freeway it will blow ur lil xb over

·
Banned
528 Posts
I had an apartment in Bothell and just moved down to Tri-Shitties. It's nothing great but I sure do miss Seattle area! Would have been good to have another xb bro around

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
CelicaGirlGT94 said:
Hey there! im in Kirkland. about 30 mins from you! Monroe is booming - ull soon be getting the traffic we have. Theres a cute lil church thats the size of a playhouse off highway 2 aka Highway of Death lol. Beware of the wind in the valley on that freeway it will blow ur lil xb over

I always wanted to get married in that cute little white church! It holds something like 12 people. Bigger than it looks on the outside! :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know exactly which little church that is....I always wondered if long haul truckers slept in it...lol. Hey MussBus, according to your profile you have a stock engine in your box, but I see that sneaky little thing hanging out under the bumper in the pic. :confused: What have you REALLY got in there? Smoke any of those Integra guys off the line yet? :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
incase you guys heres pics of the church were talking about

Sometimes the weary traveler, long hours spent negotiating the asphalt, has the urge to Pause... Rest... and Worship. That's what the sign in front of the tiny Wayside Chapel encourages. The sign also warns that there are No Facilities. For that, you might need to head a few miles further west and stop at the local reptile ranch.

The Wayside Chapel is not staffed, but is open to all faiths, at any time. There's just room inside for four small, two-person pews, a pulpit, and two vases of flowers. A painted landscape of distant blue mountains hangs next to the wooden cross.

Tipster Susan Barclay noticed, on her trip, "many have left handwritten prayers on a yellow legal pad" on the pulpit. The chapel "is quite restful and soothing even to those who aren't Christian."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.