Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello Everyone,

I have the original 2003 Scion Xb white manual, and 2015 Xb blue automatic.

On the 2015, purchased the OEM upgraded for 1.) auto dimming mirror 2.) upgraded steering wheel 3.) TRD air intake 4.) TRD exhaust muffler 5.) carbon fiber look paint covers around the windows 6.) mud flaps 7.) 16" rims 8.) paint protection bumper covers 9.) the PVC rear bumper "appliqué" 10.) the nets that go in the cargo area side walls towards the roof (love those!) 11.) the rubber mat for the cargo area 12.) cargo privacy cover... I think got everything except for the stereo/navigation upgrade. After having the 2003 Scion Xb for over 170k and having the various dings on the paint et all, this time I wanted to get it loaded.

Aside from that, now I have the time to start working on the 2003 Xb manual... the engine feels rather weak... like when I am in San Fran on a high incline street at stop light, there is barely enough power to get going and not fall back on the car behind me... it's scary! Any idea what I can do to help with this kind of low end start performance? Planning to do the throttle body and fuel clean up kit from 3M, change the air filter, check the sparks, perhaps also check the compression... I'm not sure what else to check for? or if there is a particular upgrade that can help with the low end 1st gear torque in particular for use if I am on an incline stop light in SF and don't want to roll back into the car behind me.

Thanks,
Ramiel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really wonder that dimming mirror. Share your experiences with it!
Puredata, the auto dimming works exactly like its supposed to and its great. No buttons to push to activate it or anything, and doesn't have any extra features like showing the driving direction. It just works and it's really nice... my eyes feel much more relaxed driving and it adds to an enhanced driving experience. Years ago I had an Acura CL-S which had similar thing, and since then I've really enjoyed them.

Only thing I've ALWAYS wished for since my first Xb and now the second, is a sun glasses holder at the roof.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts