Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey boys and girls. Just wanted to say hi . I bought a 05 2.0 series a little over a month ago. Found it in my home town of Red Deer, Alberta. It was yellow and manual and for a bonus had 17 wheels already on it. SOLD LOL. I also own a superchargered ford focus in pretty much exact same yellow, kind of funny actually. But ya i just wanted to say hi and hope all of ya luv your xb's as much as i do.

first night i had it i had three people ask me what it was while i was gassing it up. Everywhere i go people jsut stare its so funny. You love them or you don't right haha.

Mods on it when i bought it:
-17 wheels (unknown brand of wheel never seen symbol before)
-AEM intake with AEM oil cap
-my firends think it also has lowering springs but i'm not sure?

and i've done myself so far:
- Kenwood indash DVD player
- car starter/alarm

So theres my box for ya. When i actually take a pic of it i'll post it for all of ya.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Welcome to the family! :D

There are a few other Canadian Scion owners on this and the other site who would probably like to hear from you, also.

I know every time I've had my box up in Vancouver, B.C. that the looks it gets are amazing.

Enjoy the box!

(I used to have a yellow Focus, too...)

Tom

·
Bad Choice McGee
240 Posts
Haha, I was looking at that xB when I was shopping around. The only thing that made me a little weary about it was the 46k on the odometer. I ended up buying a 2006 BOP from Country Hills Toyota in Calgary.

Nice to see another toast rider in Alberta!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Welcome Aboard!

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Toooooo laaaaaate!!!

Sir, step away from the vehicle, your hands equipped with a camera!! I'm warning you!

Hi! In order to serve us better, a few pics of the mad whip are needed. Please respond immediately, or you will be poked with the Angry Trident of Bloodcurdling Revenge......

Welcome to the boards! I try to liven things up around here. Sooner or later, I will grow tired of pic policedom.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Welcome Dryko!

Are you and Mightbegiant anywhere near each other?

Just think, if you get that much attention riding alone what would happen if you had a few together. . . ;)

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
boom NEVER!!!!
Ok, ok jeez. I'll keep up the pics police, but I'd better see more pic from everyone or my job will just be too damn hard!

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Welcome Dryko!

Are you and Mightbegiant anywhere near each other?

Just think, if you get that much attention riding alone what would happen if you had a few together. . . ;)
were about an hour and some away from each other.

and thx to everyone for the welcomes.

Boombox sorry for no pics yet but weathers been crappy and don't want to take a pic all dirty. But no worries there will be pics

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome to the club. I was just in Medicine Hat a couple weeks ago with my xB. If there is ever a meet in Alberta let me know I am only about 30 miles from the border.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: Welcome Dryko!

were about an hour and some away from each other.

and thx to everyone for the welcomes.

Boombox sorry for no pics yet but weathers been crappy and don't want to take a pic all dirty. But no worries there will be pics

how many good days do you have up there ( over freezeing ) a year
moonray cool dog i have a basset also

·
Bad Choice McGee
240 Posts
I can answer that question about weather. It really depends on the year. Buuut on average we have about 5 months or so where the weather is constant above freezing. Usually April to October. From there the weather is all over the place. Sometimes it snows in May (odds are thisyear it will), and sometimes it's 60 degrees fahrenheit in December.

Sucks for people who have to garage their car for the cold season... or seasons depending on where you are.

·
Bad Choice McGee
240 Posts
A little vague to be 8 miles from Canada. I'm 4 hours from the border of Montana and Dryko is about 5 1/2. Buuut if there is ever a close enough meet, i'll see what I can do... and sorry for hijacking this thread.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Agian thx fro the welcomes . Ya with all the talk about maybe going to meets around the boarder i'm definately a road trip away, so as long as i get some notice theres a chance i can come. Its sounds fun.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Shortbus_8 (dave) is in Ferndale, or close to Bellingham, Washington if you are familiar. Which is closer to Vancouver.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.