Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp I found this site and im glad to have found someplace to talk to people about the toaster on Wheels.. I currently dont own a box but I will within the next 6 months and im hoping to get some advice when it comes to what I should be looking for when I look for a box.. Are there certain builds or production numbers I should avoid? does the 04 suffer from the dreaded first year curse. Are there colors that have issues with paint? Luckely I have 6 months to gather info.. So anything and everything will be apreciated .. Damn 6 months is so far away..

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Welcome. No first year curse since the xB/bB has been in production since 98/99 in Japan, we just had to wait till 03/04 for them to come state side.

The front is like a big wall of paint, it will chip just like any other car.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Welcome

Scion paint across the board is ‘kinda “sensitive.” Normal for an economy car, but you’ll see jokes about it getting messed up just by looking at it funny. Like Padanky said, you’ll see some paint wear in front. We tend to get a bit more being so non-aerodynamic (is that a word?). Anyway you may want to check into a clear bra; I hear good things about the 3M brand.

I would suggest you start checking out some local meets and shows so you can see a lot of mods in one place.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I kinda figured the paint on the front would be dinged up .. I was more inerested if there was a color I should avoid due to discoloring or early fading or chipping.. Like avoiding ford blue.. Thanks for the info so far people.. Got a couple of other questions.. Do the rear seats fold completely flat? What size speakers are used? Does anyone have issues in the wind or driving in the mountains..

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
well, all teh life of your paint will also depend on where you live. If you live on a beach, then it will get blasted sooner. Yes, teh rear seats fold flat, i actually have a bed that is built for the back end of the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey I'm back and I am now the proud owner of a 2006 green BOX.. Pictures coming tonight... Oh what mod to do first..

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Congratulations! It was worth the wait wasn't it? :D

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
Congrats on the new box. Post pics of it when you can.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Your off to a good start.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.