Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heater working on occasion, sometimes turns on and works when I start up, other times not all. Any suggestions on what this could be?

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
First gen or second gen? Are you talking about the fan not running sometimes or just no heat sometimes. Need more info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1st gen, it's in a 05, and yes fan is not blowing , air is hot when it's working but it doesn't always turn on

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Is it all fan speeds or just one in particular? Almost sounds like wiring plug going to fan switch may be loose. I would also check fuse for fan to make sure it is seated correctly. Pull it and look to make Shute it doesn't show signs of overheating. Discoloration of fuse or discoloration on wiring plug or switch.

---------- Post added 01-22-2014 at 05:15 AM ----------

Sure not Shute. Dang auto correct.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All fan speeds not working, its been over a week now since it has even worked, checked connections behind knob and all are fine, and checked fuse, I have no owners manual, so what i found online was the #3 40 fuse for heater and that was fine.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
There is usually a resistor block that is mounted in the ductwork. These resistors are how you get the different speeds. They are actually exposed to the airflow in the ductwork to keep them from overheating. If the plug has come loose, you would loose fan speeds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Check your fan relay, I was having the same problem about a year ago. I removed it and reinstalled it, has been working great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts