Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
TEAM RED CUP
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up some starvision 7" headrest monitors from a ex-xb owner. The thing is he forgot to pull the wire harness out of the seat! I picked um up for a good price, but now i need 2 of the wires that connect to the wire that comes out of the headrest. I tried calling starvision, but no responce.

its a six pin connector that looks like a svideo wire, but coming out of the wire I need is a compsite video rca, power, and ground. Anyone can help me?

·
Registered
206 Posts
sorry to hear that bro... did you try any car stereo shops locally? like progressive? just a thought..

·
TEAM RED CUP
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
808envygreenXB said:
sorry to hear that bro... did you try any car stereo shops locally? like progressive? just a thought..
I went down to my friends place Discount store. They had some but for the units that they have only, no extras. I know that Pyle headrest monitors use the same wire, so I'll try and contact them. Starvision dont answer their phones or emails.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I was at a local computer/electronics store yesterday getting some 90degree RCA adapters and they had a bunch of different wires/adapter wires. S-video to RCA, RCA to coax, etc. You might try a place like it. (wasn't a Best Buy or Circuit City)

Here is a link to the store, doesn't seem to help any. But here it is.
http://www.epo-ecp.com/

·
TEAM RED CUP
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
toyotaxb said:
Since you have access to a wiring harness from your friend, you can figure
out what the different wires are. You can cut off that connector
on your monitor and make a direct solder connection to all the wires--
splice in power and RCA cables.

Or buy a generic 6 pin or however many you need connector (male and
female) and make your own plug.. then you won't even need that connector
that is on the monitor right now since it would be cut off.

You probably don't need to waste any time trying to contact the manufac.

This is probably the quickest, easiest, and cheapest solution IMO.
If only it was that easy. I don't have access to the wires, the guy I bought it from sold the car already:( . I figure the last resort would be to pull the monitors out of the headrest and open up the monitor's housing and look at the wiring inside.

I might have a lead on the wires though. Pyle has the same type of wire harness and they answered my emails.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Try and contact Marshall. I know he has a bunch of connections over there.

·
TEAM RED CUP
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
squirrel said:
Try and contact Marshall. I know he has a bunch of connections over there.
Yup Marshall is on it too. I think he spoke with Nish about it, and Nish did confirm that the company is still around.

·
TEAM RED CUP
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
toyotaxb said:
??????????:confused: :confused: :confused:
You said your friend had them. Why can't you borrow the one's from
your friend to figure out the wiring??????????
The guy sold his xb without pulling the wires out of the seat. He just unplugged it i guess.

·
TEAM RED CUP
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
toyotaxb said:
you wrote:

I'm confused. You said your friend at the shop had them. I'm not talking
about the guy you bought them from. I give up.
oh sorry you were right, he does have the wires. But, its for the pair that he's selling. He does not have extras to sell. And, i don't think he'll let me borrow them for a couple days. He did offer to get some for me though. But im not holding my breath. So im out on my own hunt. I did get in touch with Pyle, and they can send me some.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.