Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay heres the deal. I have a set of BMW M3 Headlights, but I dont plan on running them through the stock wiring. I already receive enough hassle from dealership, without that and warranty work. So heres whats up. Im going to run the main headlights off a seperate switch independant from any OEM wiring. Im trying to see how to do it all in terms of wiring, fuses, and relays if need. This is the plan, and Id appreciate if you could give me advice.

Left headlight positive >
------------------------- Y-splitter >15 amp fuse > interior switch > battery
Right headlight positive >

Left headlight negative >
----------------------- Y-splitter > Body grounding point
Right headlight negative >

I like this idea, because I would also be able to leave the running lights off when I really wanted too! Do you guys see anything wrong with the equation I listed, or any thing that might arise?

Scotty

·
Registered
869 Posts
if you want to do that i would just buy a nice foglight wireing kit and wire them up to that that would work the best....and look the cleanist...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm thats a definite thought! I never thought of a foglight harness for it. The other idea, is to sell the BMW HIDs, go back to Halogens, but pick up some Junction Produce or Garson bulbs. Just a little something to be different!

Scotty

·
Registered
296 Posts
How about a premade relay harness? Has a H4 connection to go to the factory harness then uses the relay to give battery power to the headlights...connections are 9006 at the ends but you can adapt for the M3's lights..also has a pass through set of cables you can use to tie in the highs.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Fog light wiring would be easiest probably, and cheapest.

·
Registered
869 Posts
yeah......i think it would save alot of time and guess work....and most come with a nice switch or you can get a switch that clips on to the center of the dash witch would look the cleanist...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Scotty I have one I can give you. Foglight harness that is. It comes with a 15 fuse. Also if you do decide to sell the HIDs, let me know...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.