Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so maybe im retarded but i just bought some nrg projectors which are way better than the ebay knock offs. but anyways i thought it would take me 20 minutes or so to install my headlight but then as i got into it i started to realize that it looks like you have to take off the bumper to take off the oem. is this true. could somebody give me a walkthrough on how to take of the oem headlights

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Yes, you have to remove the two 10mm bolts under the front grille, and the two 10 mm lower bolts from the front fender. Place a blanket on the ground and gently let the front bumper cover hang. The bolts on the headlights are 10 mm also.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i thought i just thought it was alot of work and wanted to make sure cuz ive never seen a car that you have to take off the bumper to get the headlights off but thank you

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
It's really easy, takes about 10min to get the bumper off. I did mine again today.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Padanky said:
It's really easy, takes about 10min to get the bumper off. I did mine again today.
That front end is just schweeeeeeeeeeeet!

·
Registered
2 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
This might make it a little easier, I just did it last weekend.

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f29/955-bumper-comes-off-easier-when-you/
I bought some projector lights myself. I did not realize you had to take all of this off just to install these lights. Got a question, my lights also have 3 other small bulbs across the bottom and there and additional 4 small wires for these as well. How and where do i connect these so that they will come on when i turn my lights on???? HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the help guys it took no time to install once i took the bumper off. i think my lights look nice as hell now all i need to do is get my hood and rims. randkgifts i believe you have to hook up those wires to the parking light wire which i think is the blue wire. ill be sure to put up pics of the ride as soon as i get chance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.