Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Lurkin'
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the deal....I have a set of the FX1 Lights from George at ScionSport, My passenger side bulbs are VERY weak..I just replaced both bulbs with the same result, the drivers side is fine...any ideas ???

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Is there an adittional wiring harness required?

·
Lurkin'
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah..they have been working since about mid October, I checked the harness everything looks good....

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
It may be poor wiring that is causing added resistance, thus limiting the voltage output to the bulbs.

·
Lurkin'
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ithought that too..so I changed the harness from the drivers side over and they did the same thing..in toher words the trouble didnt move to the drivers side..their was no cutting and splicing envolved. :confused:

·
Lurkin'
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And..is it normal for the high beam lights to glow ..just slightly..when the low beams are on ???

·
Registered
368 Posts
I would check the ground, especially on the "dim" side.make sure you have a good one, scraping any and all paint and cleaning any oil/contamination off.

You might try adding a ground dedicated to that side for insurance.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Frogbox said:
I would check the ground, especially on the "dim" side.make sure you have a good one, scraping any and all paint and cleaning any oil/contamination off.

You might try adding a ground dedicated to that side for insurance.
You beat me to it. Yeah, it sounds like your ground isn't very good, or you have wires touching, so its grounding out. Either way, it has to be something to do w/ ur ground.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
BATComm1 said:
And..is it normal for the high beam lights to glow ..just slightly..when the low beams are on ???
no, its not suppose to. the high is sucking some from the low, meaning its shorted somewhere. you might have to check the wirings between the two.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Yeah, I would defintely check the ground or the connections on the housings themselves. Its not being properly grounded if your highs are on also.

·
Lurkin'
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it fixed !! It was a 10 amp fuse that was blown..kinda weird..I could unplug 1 headlight harness and they BOTH would go out..but its all fixed now !! :D :D :D :D

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Cool, an easy fix!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.