Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an option out there to put headers on the 158 hp Scion xB 2011? If not what's the easiest way to get 20 more horses short of turbo?

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,610 Posts
Intake, headers and exhaust netted me about 12 hp total. Or at least that's what the dyno said when I tested it years ago. With a tune to the ECU or a Unichip you might get to 20 hp. You're just not going to get much gain on these engines, though all that I listed is a lot less expensive than going forced induction.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Greg, thanks for that info on your experience. i did some thread searching too. to be quite honest i'm not sure why i'm trying to increase hp as i find this car very responsive, little less with a.c. on. yours sounds like the best result to date for those upgrades and 12 hp while not a lot is something for an engine of this size. noticing the engine in the Tc coupe appears to be totally different so no swapping parts to get into that higher realm.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,610 Posts
Hi Greg, thanks for that info on your experience. i did some thread searching too. to be quite honest i'm not sure why i'm trying to increase hp as i find this car very responsive, little less with a.c. on. yours sounds like the best result to date for those upgrades and 12 hp while not a lot is something for an engine of this size. noticing the engine in the Tc coupe appears to be totally different so no swapping parts to get into that higher realm.
Mine is probably slightly skewed because it was relatively soon after have the oil consumption fix done, so it had new pistons and rings in it as well. If you look at the first gen tC, 05-10 it is the same engine, though there were updates done in 07 so the 05-06 has some small differences. But there is nothing different between the 1s gen tC and the 2nd xB engines internally. The trans is geared differently, they have a power steering pump instead of our electric setup and the valve cover and coils are different but that's about it.

Honestly there is no reason to go for more power as the car does have a good setup. That said I've got a bored spare block and forged internals sitting on a shelf in the garage waiting for me to get around to designing a new intake for my Eaton supercharger. The quest for more power never makes financial sense and isn't needed for daily driver cars, but it doesn't stop us from doing it. :LOL:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is probably slightly skewed because it was relatively soon after have the oil consumption fix done, so it had new pistons and rings in it as well. If you look at the first gen tC, 05-10 it is the same engine, though there were updates done in 07 so the 05-06 has some small differences. But there is nothing different between the 1s gen tC and the 2nd xB engines internally. The trans is geared differently, they have a power steering pump instead of our electric setup and the valve cover and coils are different but that's about it.

Honestly there is no reason to go for more power as the car does have a good setup. That said I've got a bored spare block and forged internals sitting on a shelf in the garage waiting for me to get around to designing a new intake for my Eaton supercharger. The quest for more power never makes financial sense and isn't needed for daily driver cars, but it doesn't stop us from doing it. :LOL:
The Volvo C30 interests me too. Thanks for the education.
ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts