Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the heat sheald of the back to view the headers and noted that there where a pair on "4-1" but the pipe came together rather early about halfway to the joint for my exaust pipe, and i cant seem to find weather there stock or aftermarket. thus if there stock whould a after market pair do anything else for me?"i mean, headers are headers" givin the cold air intake and im about to cut out the cats to hollow them out.:D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Header will do a little, not much. Perrin Pulley shows noticable power. Search for more on pulley if interested.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
never knew about them till just now, but how much power does it offer, i am able to notice the air intake when in 3rd and 4th gear really well.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Lightweight crank pulleys allow for more horsepower to be transferred to the wheels. You lighten up spinning rotational masses, and sometimes you'll see gains, of what your motor can already do.

I say get any one of them, and you'll be happy. BTW, I noticed a difference in performance from my header I installed, but mostly just a deeper, more agressive growl.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
YEah, the header will change the exhaust tone for sure. As for noticable power, not much if any.

·
Team H.F.D.
723 Posts
sorry for thread jacking but I was wondering if there are any upgrades to be done on the intake manifold? The stock manifold looks like a its made of plastic. Also how much of a HP gain would there be with a lighterweight crank pulley?

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Do not hollow out the cat.....for two reasons. One is the little thing about it being illegal the other being it probably will not give you anything more than more sound rather than performance gains.

Engines today are designed to run with the cat it is not like days ago where the cat choked the motor off.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
tru dat. It will splitter and sputter like a nun telling a lie. If it has not cat.

There were some pics awhile back showing the diameter and bend difference in the header. That seems to be the difference in performance (not much).

·
Registered
22 Posts
dude i recently put in some headers and they looked like they werent much bigger then the stock ones, but the difference is pretty huge. it helped me out ALOT. the acceleration is alot better but torque wise it's still pretty much the same.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honestly, if you plan on doing mods to your b, full-on exhaust swap in a near must. especially if you plan on doing anything internally. Now as for hollowing out the cat......dude, really? i understand the slight power differneces, but the noise.....it's raspy and very annoying, wouldn't you think? you can buy high-flow cats and get the same benifets.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i live in hawaii, and my xb has a trd muffler. i also removed the cat. and i jus resently installed headers. it has a very slight power gain more at the top end and sounds pretty good w/o the cat

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.