Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I've had my DC Sports header on since its release and haven't had a CEL.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Megan Racing hasn't thrown a CEL for me.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I don't think that a header for the xb will throw a CEL, there are NO sensors or anything mounted on the header.

I threw a CEL on my Protege5 w/ AWR header $500. Which eliminated 1 of 2 Cat's and had two O2 sensors.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Since we're on the subject of headers, has anyone (other than Gabe :) ) installed their own header, and if so, how difficult was it to do?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
dtrain619 said:
Since we're on the subject of headers, has anyone (other than Gabe :) ) installed their own header, and if so, how difficult was it to do?
Dion,

Takes about 45 minutes w/ hand tools. The hard part is breaking the bolts loose where the exhaust mainfold hits the exhaust pipe before the cat.

And while on the topic of throwing a CEL, a header should not as there are no sensor that bolt into it. But as w/ an intake install, I used a specific "break-in" method just in case there was going to be a major difference in the airflow, from the header install, that may cause a CEL.

·
Registered
657 Posts
dtrain619 said:

:D Its a fair job on the difficulty levals. I am sure you could install it ourself.:cool:

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Stylis said:
:D Its a fair job on the difficulty levals. I am sure you could install it ourself.:cool:
I did mine, 45min. hand tools as well. Same as above.

3 out of 5 in difficulty.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
glen619 said:
Is there a CARB legal header available for xB? I don't know of one, which is why I haven't installed one yet....
None yet, but w/ the MMW header, you bolt the cover back on and prolly pass the visual, unless some looks from underneath.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
BOXlover11 said:
The Dc header is actually carb exempt. Almost anything that DC or AEM put out for the xB is approved or exempt!!!!!!!!
That's good to know. Do you have to put the EO number somewhere on the vehicle, or just have it available in case someone asks to see it?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
If you throw a CEL, check the Articles section. :D

·
Registered
657 Posts
dtrain619 said:
That's good to know. Do you have to put the EO number somewhere on the vehicle, or just have it available in case someone asks to see it?

There is no EO number for the DC header. :( I wish there was, because thats what I have.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.