Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What gaskets do I need to install a header? Is it necessary to even change them or can I reuse the stock ones from OE header? Thanks...

·
Registered
368 Posts
I used my stock gasket, but I didn't have a lot of miles on mine. The longer it's been in there the greater the chance of a problem I would think.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have about 5000 miles on my car... how many did you have when you swapped headers?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I installed a header on my my friends box...he had around 10k at the time, and we used all of the same gaskets. He has no leaks at all.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Yep I bought and used a new gasket because I never reuse exhaust gaskets. But the design of the gasket makes it ok to reuse the old one when I installed the new one. I had to be carefull not to mix it up w/ the old one it looked just as good. I kept the old one to reuse with the stock exhaust manifold aswell. :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there's 2 gaskets that need to be reused: the donut gasket and the manifold gasket. correct? which one did you buy Cravin?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I've had my xB since a month from when it was initally released. With that being said, I've had to wait for mods to be released, and then R&D them myself. I installed my header when I had appx 15k miles on my xB, and I reused the the gasket. I haven't had any problems and that was almost 3 years ago.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
My Megan came with a new gasket so I used it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I suggest reusing the gaskets. They are quite durable and unless you drop them or bend them in half you should have no issues. Once you put on the headers, if you have leaks, check to make sure everything is tight and the gasket is sitting in the correct position. If you still have leaks, then change your gasket. I would be suprised if you have any problems with it though. Good luck!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all the help guys! Ill hopefully get my header soon, prob have to wait a few weeks before I put it on but Ill go ahead a reuse the gaskets. I have my Fujita SR in my room, hopefully put that on this weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.