Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

My 2009 xB (release series) is in great shape. However, I've recently noticed that when driving on the highway the hood wobbles up and down, sort of in a bowing motion. I know that the hood is latched, but when I pull up on it I am able to move it about an inch. I never noticed this before, so I'm fairly certain that this is a new issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? And do you think this is at all dangerous and warrants having the latch looked at?

Thank you!

·
Bock's Car
1,094 Posts
Greetings!

My 2009 xB (release series) is in great shape. However, I've recently noticed that when driving on the highway the hood wobbles up and down, sort of in a bowing motion. I know that the hood is latched, but when I pull up on it I am able to move it about an inch. I never noticed this before, so I'm fairly certain that this is a new issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? And do you think this is at all dangerous and warrants having the latch looked at?

Thank you!
I would definitely get that fixed. A inch is a lot of movement for the hood.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Only issue I have had with the hood on my 2010 xB is it popping up some on the interstate. Did it 3 times. The hood was properly closed. The main latch would release but the secondary latch held. Secondary being the one you manually release. Ordered a new latch assembly and all is well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts