Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you know how some of the toyota models like the 4runner and the ford bronco are able to roll down the back window where the scion hatch window would be do you think its possible to make a mod to have that roll down ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
you could just take the motor out of the 4runner an put it into the hatch on the xb, easier said than done though, but i bet its deff possible

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
You'll have to "build out" the hatch area. Not too mention remove the wiper motor and redesign the skeleton structure inside the hatch area.

But, if you do have the money, it is possible, though the rear hatch lines won't flow prolly.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I don't think the glass would be able to roll all the way down in the first place. I have put serious consideration into this before, and it seems like it would be more of a PITA just t do it right. Not to mention the drainage on the wallet.

·
Registered
322 Posts
lostreception said:
what about a flip up and out that would probably be easier not as PIMP tho
That sounds cool and easier. what if you made it so the bottom folded out (in half like some astro vans) with the glass going up on an actuator. Or have the glass go up like a camper shell and the bottom fold down, like a pickup.

·
Registered
131 Posts
just get a hammer and bust out the window. then if you want it shut just get some plastic and duct tape and tape it up.
Hammer 1.59
Duct Tape 1.68
Plastic 1.99
Looking like **** when done

PriceLess......

lol jk it would look cool to have the window down.

again jk lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
you can save $1.59 and just use a big rock and if you buy the duct tape at wal-mart you'll get a bag for free, total savings $ 3.58 , cost of this mod, only $1.68 , lol

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
ThunderGod said:
chris, im thinking of doing the back glass open style, like some of the GMC's, or like the snug top rear hatch :p
I've pondered that idea as well........ it seems practical too.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I think that's a good idea, haven't seen it done on an xB yet....will you be the first??? Hmmm???;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.