Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The switch that actuates my rear hatch latch is working fine and the rubber cover is not deteriorating like others have experienced. However, it looks like there is a gasket between the switch and body, and that is deteriorating (see photo). All the online photos I see of OEM switches for sale do not appear to include any sort of gasket, and I can’t find an exploded parts diagram that goes into that much detail. Is there a separate gasket? If so, can anyone point me to a part number or link?

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to believe that is it. Even if it isn’t, I’ll only be out $4. Not sure why I missed that but THANKS!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
No problem. I usually look at RockAuto or TRDSparks first the unusual item first

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Great question as I had never even thought about it !!! I did look at mine and yes it does show some wear I will not replace it !!!!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Saw someone on Facebook addressing this very issue.

·
Registered
131 Posts
This is only breakdown I could find quickly. Don't see a gasket. Where it says Refer to Fig 75-04, could that be what you are seeing?
This is the correct part in Fig 75-04. Part number is 76827-52010. I replaced mine a few years back when I had my rear hatch handle replaced under the warranty enhancement.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The part is actually a thin metal piece, not a rubber gasket. Hard to believe based on what the original one looked like. Anyway, that was what I needed and it worked like a charm, thanks everyone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts