Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Placing a headunit/eq up in the roof of the xb inbetween the two visors ?
I was thinkin of putting a headunit there or a digital eq and was wondering if anyone had tried this before

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
that's where the buttons are for my sunroof, can't see why it couldn't be done. Might hang down in the way of the rear-view mirror though maybe?

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you find a good installer they can put just the faceplate there then you can put the HU in the glovebox, or under your seat or something. I wouldn't try it myself B/C i dont want to pay if i screw it up. That would be awesome i think - then have a monitor or the factory HU in the origional Hole.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a monitor is where the factory HU was..my cd player is in the lil console thingy

·
Registered
12 Posts
so you could leave the HU in the console and just have the faceplate put in a little console on the roof - that would be awesome. Just make sure you get a good reputable installer if you want to do this - most places wont back up this kind of work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
shave what? Handles and stuff - they are easy, get everything wired up (poppers/solenoids and whatnot) Cut sheetmetal to size of handle, weld in place, grind, smooth out with fiberglass body filler (if the metal was right you should not need much of this stuff), sand, prime, take to get repainted. I tried this for the first time on my S10 tailgate and it was way easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.