Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone went to San Fran to testdrive the the new xb/xd?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Just got back from the Scion Backstage test drive. All I can say is Damn, the thing rides really well! It's super quiet and smooth. Could barely tell that it's on when in idol. Handles pretty well with the extra width. Would still like to drive it on the regular street though to see how it handles everyday potholes and whatnot. It's drivability definately makes up for the styling, but not enough for me to trade in my classic.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I drove it last night at Scion Backstage. The five speed kicks arse! I chirped the tires in both 1st and 2nd gear! The auto isn't a dog either. The seats are way more comfortable and the new dash is awesome. The new xB has a much "bigger" feel to it. The four wheel disk brakes are nice. I wouldn't get rid of my 1st Gen Box for it but I want one. (working on the girlfriend to get one) ;)

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
ahhaha..yeah the 5 speed was pretty fun to drive. Was pretty hyped when the Scion guy said the only rule to the test drive was to keep in on all fours! :D Handles really well on the road course, as the traction control was contstantly kicking in. Tried to break it loose on the roundabout, but the traction control did it's job well. love the interior, and you can really feel the size difference. Not in a bad way though. Just feels more rigid and stable.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,I was hoping to hear some good reviews. Also glad to hear you got to REALLY testdrive it..sounds like fun. Can't wait til they come to FL.

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
I drove it last night at Scion Backstage. The five speed kicks arse! I chirped the tires in both 1st and 2nd gear! The auto isn't a dog either. The seats are way more comfortable and the new dash is awesome. The new xB has a much "bigger" feel to it. The four wheel disk brakes are nice. I wouldn't get rid of my 1st Gen Box for it but I want one. (working on the girlfriend to get one) ;)
Taz - you can't have her driving a damaged car ....... Kelly needs the next Gen Box, you can play it off as a symbol of the Next Gen of your realtionship...lol.. But I guess the House would do that too..... (her response) well good luck in your mission and if you need any suggestive comments when she's around just give me the sign..........

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats a great vid. looks like you had a blast.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Taz - you can't have her driving a damaged car ....... Kelly needs the next Gen Box, you can play it off as a symbol of the Next Gen of your realtionship...lol.. But I guess the House would do that too..... (her response) well good luck in your mission and if you need any suggestive comments when she's around just give me the sign..........
You got my back! Thanks Keith. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.