Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy tires for my new rims. I was on discount tire dot com and saw Nankang. Are these ok? has anybody ran these before. They are cheap so I could buy a new set every year. How are they in the rain? Please help. -Jake

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
With tires, I usually stick to actual name brands, and I stay away from inexpensive tires.

What size tires are you looking for?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Im good friends with a guy that sells all sorts of rims and tires and these are the bottom of the barrell, You get what you pay for in most cases. There ok tires but for alittle more you could probably bumb up to the next better and youll probably be more happy with them.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ya there better, i dont know how much you wanna spend but i liked my nitto neo gens plus there not directional so you can rotate them all around

·
Registered
813 Posts
tires are tires...they have to pass the same tests all tires do...its like buying a damn condom..one condom doenst work better than another..they both have to go to the same testing and ****

·
Registered
198 Posts
granted yes tires are tires but some are better than other, such as wear rate and speed ratings, some are also better in wet conditions than others.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have had Nangkangs and they work great. The ones I had were directional and gripped very well. I took them off last night and put my new wheels on AXIS TC EVO with matching hot lava trim ring and P-zero pirelli tires.
Ill post pics after I get off work.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Nankang has a long way to go...

http://falkentire.com/tires_512.htm
^ You should try out the Falken Ziex ZE-512 tires. These are probably the best bang for the buck all weather tires out there. They have decently good dry grip & really good wet grip. They can't really do snow. Hahaha! I ran those on the former Toyota Sienna & I currently run these on my box.

http://www.hankooktireusa.com/products_view_info.asp?Item_ID=19&CatID=5
^ If you want some better dry grip, try out the Hankook Ventus Sport K104 tires. Those were really good in the 215/45-17 size on my Sentra. They were also pretty good in the wet, but not as good as the Falken 512s in the wet. These tires are also leaps & bounds better than the common Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 tires. I ran those before & they were OK, but not as good as people claim them to be.

http://www.hankooktireusa.com/products_view_info.asp?Item_ID=63&CatID=5
^ If you want some REAL dry grip, try out the Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212 tires. They stick to the tarmac like gum sticks to hair. You can almost defy physics!! They do well in the rain, until you start wearing them out. Watch out!!! ('o' ) Just don't expect for these to last long. I go through a front set every month on my Sentra, but then again, I'm driving like a mad man! Hahaha! (^o^ ) <3

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I really like Bridgestone S-03 Pole Positions, but for 225/40-18, cost is at least $200 per tire. They stuck like glue and I had no rpoblems in downpours. I had them on my Matrix.

I've been running Neo Gens as of late though.

I had a set Kuhmo 711s(?) that were still at half tread w/ 20k miles.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts