Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seeing if any one bought the x1 or x2 lip kit and if they painted it or left it black....and if they have any good pictures.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I swear I posted this up somewhere recently, but you guys know me and how many boards I check in a day pimpin' the show.

In any case, I have the X-1 front and rear lip and the X-2 type 2 sideskirts. Front and rear lip are a great fit. Just be sure to attach the fender liners to the front lip somehow otherwise they'll chew themselves up on the tires when you start driving and it gets messy.

The sideskirts are another story. They require quite a bit of work to fit properly and do not use factory mounting positions. You need to drill the car to make them fit. I wish I hadn't done that. In any case, I'll probably swap back to stock sideskirts before the beginning of next season.

I painted mine gloss black at a body shop:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool I appreciate the quick response....I'm at work and goofn off at my computer so I can't check all the threads figured this would be quicker. Ur box looks good. The pics for the x2 style on ebay look good just wanted to see 1 painted factory color to see how drastic the change is.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Grizz, just looking at the front kinda dark but I had an idea for u. Get some of that mesh from apc and a dremel....cut that bar of the lip so it makes it 1 opening instead of 2.....judging by the pic it looks like if u did that it would look like a wide mouth front...just a thought

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion, but with the way its molded it would take some fiberglass filler to make it sit right and then the lower piece would probably be a bit flimsy.

If all goes well I'll probably mesh or plate behind the openings with something to fill the holes a bit. Probably something orange because I'm a tad unoriginal.:D

Sorry for the darkness, black just doesn't come out well in pics which is one reason I'm keeping silver on the wheels!

-Alex

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
This may show the flare on that center post a bit better:

See how it wings out at the top and bottom. Cutting that pillar out would probably leave a 2 inch hole to fill in and I just don't want to do the body work. Good idea if I were Padanky though! HAHA!

-Alex

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah thats a better view, well u would know the structability off it....but if not that wouldve been pretty cool. I think I ma go with the x2 kit for mine just hope my grille fits just got them.

·
x2 da b
327 Posts
i have that kit its really strong, i hit the driveway a little coming in abd out of the drive way at work and it holds up great and dont really have to worry about it cracking.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I seen that kit painted and it looked good, I was just trying to see because you can get it cheap on ebay and I wanted something noticable. Do u have pics?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.