Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Not being a smart ass, but don't wear those belts like that. You have to tie or bolt them down to those rings on the cross bar. If you use them like that and wreck, you'll compress your spine Just wanted to let you know.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BOXlover11 said:
Not being a smart ass, but don't wear those belts like that. You have to tie or bolt them down to those rings on the cross bar. If you use them like that and wreck, you'll compress your spine Just wanted to let you know.
thanks bro. i hav'nt tie them off as of yet. the belts were actually hanging loose at the time of the pics. it seems as thou there bolted on the pics.
ok, talking bout tying the belts to the harness, how do i need to achive that?
with the belt that i have, they have the mounting bolts at each ends. 2 to the back, and 2 on the lap side. there is no mounting points on the harness bar in itself, except for the small mounting bar? do i just wrap the belt around the harness bar? haw bout the monting points on the belts, where do they mount?
thanks in advance =)

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
this harness bar is very comparable to those out there in the market, if not better.
it'll definetly give the big boi's run for there money.
and the install took about 30min. all hardware included.
i'll post info on our DIY soon. =)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
its actually the top brand out there right now. sparco's is mild steel and no heim joints so no adjustablitly can be done w/ the sparco vs these these are adjustable =)

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Yeppers, I've had mine for a year and a half now. Gotta love it!

·
Registered
67 Posts
the harness bar looks nice but as someone else said, if you're planning to use it for a daily ride or track racing get another harness that can WRAP around the harness bar (not tie). sparco and some other companies make harnesses that are made specifically for use on roll cages/roll bars. keeping in mind these are 3" harnesses. sorry, don't think they make any quality 2" harnesses that wrap around roll cages/roll bars.

http://www.sparcousa.com/pharness_comp.asp?id=387

btw, you'll also need a lap belt to go with the shoulders. they have either pull up or pull down.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bboxed_in said:
the harness bar looks nice but as someone else said, if you're planning to use it for a daily ride or track racing get another harness that can WRAP around the harness bar (not tie). sparco and some other companies make harnesses that are made specifically for use on roll cages/roll bars. keeping in mind these are 3" harnesses. sorry, don't think they make any quality 2" harnesses that wrap around roll cages/roll bars.

http://www.sparcousa.com/pharness_comp.asp?id=387

btw, you'll also need a lap belt to go with the shoulders. they have either pull up or pull down.
at the time of the photo the belts were not mounted to the bar, but they do wrap around the bar w/buckle. (new photos comming) i do have the NRG 4 point belt, and i likes. =)
this mod on my vehicle is mostly for show, but they are functional if needed. & mounting points are to specs, thanks to hotbox05, & BOXlover11. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts