Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am not mechanically inclined. I have the wonderful handicapped conversion xB toaster -- yippee, yippee! I feel it rides too hard, not smooth and "cushy" like my other vehicles. I know that this is an economy car, but as a conversion, it did cost a bloody fortune (double the price) so my wheelchair and l would like to enjoy the ride better. What is the best way to fix this? And I would have to call the dealership to see what they say about changing out things on it with all the drop down lowering conversion devices that sit down there. :confused:
Thanks a bunch dear fellow xb'ers.
Lois

·
Registered
36 Posts
What you are going to need is a really good set of struts and shocks. I'm sure with the conversion, came extra weight. The stock suspension wasn't set up to carry that weight around. A set of Monroe Sensatrac's should do ya good.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The first thing you need to do is talk to the people that did your conversion. There is a good chance they have made some changes to the suspension as well. If your xB now has a "kneeling" feature it may be equipped with some sort of air suspension. If not, they may have changed your springs, shocks, and/or struts to accomidate the added weight of the lift gate quipment.

Definitely get in touch with them first. If they haven't touched the suspension, your first step should be a set of Monroe rear shocks. You can get these installed at your local Sears for about $70. Just tell them you need new rear shocks for a 2000 Toyota Echo. These will help smooth out the bumps quite a bit.

Good luck, and let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hard Ride Help - Thanks a bunch

I will call the Braun people tomorrow and my dealership. Hopefully if they didn't
put good shocks or whatever on there I can do the Monroe's you suggested. I will go back and check if that's what ya'all said. I did tell you I am not mechanically inclined...:) Thanks a bunch !
Tally ho,
Lois

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The Braun Rampvan conversion has an air rear suspension, but I believe they still use the stock shock. If they do, changing to the SensaTracs might help.

Hopefully Braun will be able to help with suggestions, if nothing else.

The xB conversion is a good one, but it never will ride like a larger, heavier, longer-wheelbase vehicle.

Good luck!

·
Registered
325 Posts
The factory rear suspension is a little harsh...if what is there is still stock the Monroes everyone says help alot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.