Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Blah.. :D
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how to hook up the halo headlights?? i know its just plug and play.. but theres some wires coming from each socket.. they individually have 3 led's on the corners but im not worried about those... theres some wires on the sockets ( yellow and black ) just curious on what those are for.. any body??

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just installed my halos a few days ago. I didn't get the ones with the 3 led's, but those extra wires are probably for the "halo" part of the halo lights. Plug & play just means the main light, hi-beam, and blinkers are set up to use the stock wire connecters. The halos themselves need to be seperately wired to another source for power. Look at some of the posted threads about halos, several people have written up good instructions on different methods for wiring the halos. I followed Big_Kokujin's lead and wired them to my parking lights. Good luck!:)

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just installed my halos a few days ago. I didn't get the ones with the 3 led's, but those extra wires are probably for the "halo" part of the halo lights. Plug & play just means the main light, hi-beam, and blinkers are set up to use the stock wire connecters. The halos themselves need to be seperately wired to another source for power. Look at some of the posted threads about halos, several people have written up good instructions on different methods for wiring the halos. I followed Big_Kokujin's lead and wired them to my parking lights. Good luck!:)
u thinkg if i tap into the hi/lo beam lights that they will work??

·
Registered
103 Posts
No, the hi/lo lights should have a connecter that matches up to what was on your stock lights. Use the positive wire from your halos (don't know which is which if you have yellow & black) to tap the green wire w/ orange stripe on the blinker. Use the other wire from your halos to ground to the body of the car. Then your halos should light up when you turn on your parking lights. But I had red & black wires for my halos, the black was the ground, so don't quote me on which wire is the positive for your particular lights. I bet if you post some pics of your lights someone on here could tell you better than I.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Disconnect the blinker light from your headlight assembly, then the bulb from the recepticle. From there, plug the ground from your halo lights into the ground recepticle on the blinker connector. There will be three spots, the middle one should have the black and white cable attached to it. This is the ground cable throughout the car. Then plug the "hot" wire into one of the other two spots. Turn on your park lights. If the halo comes on, then you now know what wire to use. If it doesn't come on, but blinks when you turn on your turn signal, then go to the other wire. After you figure out the color combinations, then you can splice your way into the wires. Don't forget to turn your lights off before you do this, and if you're not comfortable with it, then definately get an electrician to do it. You don't want to be riding around without blinkers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
hey guys quick question about my halos:

i recently installed my halos and i am wondering if the low beam(regular beam) is suppose to actually light up the middle halo instead of the halo closest to the grille. If i turn my brights on, the middle light will go on and seems way to low of light output to be my brights. so what im really asking is if my high beams are actually showing up as my low beams and vice versa. heres a pic of my box with the lights turned on normal: as you can see the light output is close to the grille and not the middle...

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
So after a couple of hours of putting my brain to think, heres the final result for my halos... i had to tap into the wires of the right hl from the left hl to get the led's/halo rings to work... it was a pain in the ass but hard work pays off...

and was bored so i added these body graphics while i was at it...

before:

in the process of measuring:

final product:

*i didnt have scotch tape to hold up the graphics b4 i cut em so i used electrical tape... i also got a lot of air bubbles, but i got a lil needle and starting making a hole in the bubbles and with a credit card, i smoothed them out.. . gangsta!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.