Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started a new thread in case this issue doesn't belong here. I got Sonar Halo Headlights for Christmas, and had issues installing them last weekend. Everything fit okay until the blinkers. The stock blinker has different "tabs" and is too large to fit where it's supposed to, and the bulb also will not fit in the hole. The model number under the blinker hole states 1157NA but that is the same model number on the actual blinker bulb.

Does anyone know if they changed the style of the blinker on the '06, and if so, do they know what model # I need for the proper blinker and socket?

These are the tabs on the socket that is stock on the car:

They are too large and offset. Different from the original:

The connector to the car is 3 prong:

And the stock bulb which matches the model # on the housing is too big to fit in the hole:

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
sometimes, the aftermarket HL's are made terrible and things may not fit all together. my old dual projectors had this problem with the blinkers not fitting. all i did was Dremeled a bit off of the HL/Blinker area. Dremel it a little bit at a time till you get the fit.

anyone else can help, please chime in for this brudah. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I was afraid of. Cutting these things would be a bit much. They're a good 1/4 inch too small, and then there is the other circle that goes around it. Looks like I'm gonna have to call the people I bought it from. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
195 Posts
You need to tell us who you got them from so we don't end up buying the same ones please.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
http://www.k2motor.com/
I called them last night and they gave me an e-mail address to send pics with an explanation of the issue. The guy said he had never heard of the bulb not fitting. They said it will take them up to 24 hours to respond. I have the pictures here at work, so I'm going to email them today. Hopefully it won't be too much trouble to get replaced. I'll keep y'all informed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
UPDATE:

My original email:

My brother ordered headlights from you guys for my 06 Scion xB for Christmas. I went to install them last weekend and the blinker bulb is not right. The model # in the plastic below the hole says 1157NA however that is the stock bulb and it is way too big to fit in the hole. (See "Bulb too big 1.jpg" and "Bulb too big 2.jpg").

The slots cut out for the tabs on the headlight (see "Hole too small and tabs offset wrong.jpg") do not match the tabs on the stock blinker socket (see "Stock Socket From Car.jpg"). And the socket is also bigger than the hole on the head light assembly.

I called yesterday and they told me to email the info with pictures to [email protected] to have the issue looked into. The order # was ...

He also ordered LED tail lights which look and work great. Thanks in advance for your help.

------------------------------------------------------------

Since nothing can ever go easy for me, here is the response to my earlier email:

Dear Customer:

We want to let you know that these headlight does not include the amber corner light bulbs. Please visit any local auto shop for avaliable side light bulbs.

Thank you
K2motor

-----------------------------------------------------------

And my response to them:

The stock bulbs on the car are supposed to fit. The model # etched in the plastic matches the model # on the bulb but they won't fit. Other people I have spoken with that bought these same headlights said the hole for their amber bulbs are bigger than the one on mine and the tabs are set properly so the stock bulb plugs right in (4 tabs offset 90 degrees from each other to make a perfect + or x pattern. (As you can see in the "Stock Socket from car.jpg" picture). The slots for those 4 tabs aren't even lined up properly (as seen in the "Hole too small and tabs offset wrong.jpg" picture). There is obviously an issue because there is NO WAY the 1157NA bulb that it states belongs there will EVER fit without cutting the housing. And even if it did, the holes for the "tabs" do not line up. Not even close.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Damn....K2motor...I was just fixin to order a new upper grille from them guys...now ya got me rethinkin that one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL, I'd wait a week or so. No offense to them, but it just seems to me like they didn't read the original email or look at the pictures (that they asked me to send).

In their defense though the rear LED taillights fit perfectly. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.