Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty then. I went from Tein H-techs:

(there's more gap than you can see in that pic)

And went to H&R Race springs, which have an advertised drop of 2.0F 1.8"R

I used the sound deadener on my h-techs as a donor.

Rear drop (before settling)

Front drop (before settling)

And WOW do I NEED shims! I'll be ordering some 15mm H&R Trac+ spacers from NAMotorsports.net soon

Mini-review:

Compared to stock, and Tein H-techs, these baby's handle. Body roll is basically eliminated, and I can take sharp corners quickly now, without thrashing my passenger about.

I love the drop. I'll see how much lower it will go (if at all) in the upcoming weeks.

Oh, btw, I'm on 16x7 with a 37 offset and running 205/50 rubber.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks good! Make sure your wheels will work with the 15mm spacers. Your wheels need to have notches in the back of the hub to accept the lugs on the adapters. I have the 25mm on my 40 off-sets since my wheels do not have the notches.

25mm will work great with a 37 off-set.

Pic w/ 18's and S-Techs

Attachments

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
If the wheels are not notched you will have to GRIND the studs down and use open end lugs......Use to do it all the time when I was still in the wheel Biz.....Best of luck and the drop looks good...(thanks for confusing me even more...lol)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll update some pics after a week or two if anything changes.

And what notches are you talking about? Where are they located?

So the H&R 25mm spacers don't need the notches?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
hayalex6 said:
I'll update some pics after a week or two if anything changes.

And what notches are you talking about? Where are they located?

So the H&R 25mm spacers don't need the notches?
Look on ebay, search 15mm wheel spacers. The pics they show will give you an idea of what I'm talking about. And no, the 25mm will clear the tops of the studs so your wheels don't have to be notched.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
The drop with the H&R springs looks sweet. Is it a bumpy ride? I have the TRD springs, but I think I want to go lower in the future. I was thinking about the eibachs sport line cuz they are variable rate, and supposed to handle road imperfections well, but also handle good in the turns. But I like the slight rake look of the H&R. Do you have stock springs?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you mean stock struts and shocks? Yes I am on them.

The ride is less bumpy than stock, TRD springs, H-techs, and DF210's. I love the way it rides. Very comfortable.

·
Registered
167 Posts
IF you are looking for a set of TC Sportline spacers in the 15mm, I have a set that I can't use, the notches in my wheels did not lineup properly with the studs. I will sell them for $60 + Shipping, or you can just pick em up next time you are in H-town.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.