Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I was wondering if any one knows of a reason not to do the H brace install with the XB up on ramps? (04 MT 103,000 miles).

If not its getting done next week.

·
addicted
3,978 Posts
I didn't use ramps for mine but did have a friend on the oposite side help hold it up when installing the bolts. Hopefully your not low at all. I'm only on tenzo r springs and my h-brace cases on every speed bump unless I drive over it like I'm body dropped. I've been trying to get time to remove and sell it. I didn't really notice much if any improvement either. That's my opinion though and I'm sure its function is also based on driving style and suspension setup. Good luck with your install. Take pics

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Getting done?

I hope you're not paying someone to do it.
It takes about 5 minutes.

You remove 4 bolts, place bar, tighten the 4 bolts.
Done.

I think it helps in high speed cornering. I wish they made a completely flat bar.

·
SUSPNJNKY
5,599 Posts
this thing is not fun for daily driving . . . it makes your car (effectively) an inch lower and once you get around 3" off the ground you really start to hit a lot more things . . .I have almost gotten stuck a couple of times with the H brace and hence don't use and cant sell it because shipping is more money than the brace.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any one know where I could find a APR Under Chassis Braces set?

---------- Post added 11-14-2011 at 03:02 PM ----------

Might be a better alternative to the H brace.

·
addicted
3,978 Posts
that set looks real nice but im sure with all those sharp corners you'll be catching them on every speed bump much worse than the rounded h-brace. If your looking for something that wont give you problems and has a track record of doing what its intended then Your probably better off going with a full sway bar set. And a nice solid strut bar. I've got the DC sports cs2 strut bar and couldnt be happier with its function and look. Especially when its chromed. Another way I achieved much better handling was upgrading to 16x8 0offset wheels and getting lower. Oh and DEFINITELY upgrade your sway bar bushings whether you get an aftermarket sway bar or not.. that helped ALOT and its dirt cheap. Just my 2 pennies

1 - 9 of 9 Posts