Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain to me how these actually work? This is the product in question:

Is it worth buying for performance and looks? How exactly does it perform the follow claims? Where the hell do you ground all those wires? and what's being grounded?

100% Brand New
bB Style BLUE Ground Wires Kit
Universal Fit All Vehicles
Increase horsepower and torque in low and medium power bands
Quicker throttle response & Stabilizes the engine at high RPM's
Smoother Idling and improve starting
Better fuel mileage w/improved combustion
Decrease of interfering noises caused by insufficient grounding
Or am I missing something and this is just one replacement ground wire?

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
I just added a set today so I havent had time to test all the claims but I will say the idle is improved slightly and a good ground between engine, body, and electronics sure couldnt hurt. For the price I paid, 65.00 I am satisfied an it was easy to install. With all the cool blue wires going in and around your engine you can tell all your non xB savvy friends its a super boosted nitrous setup too. :D

I have a different product from http://groundfusion.com/ but its very similar exept for the battery terminal ring yours has.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I have a product from Ground Fusion, and I really like the product.

Although I never really knew what stock felt like, given that I installed my intake and ground wires once I got my car home.

I'd say stay away from generic eBay sh*t like what you posted, and go with a real ground kit like ground fusion.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I have this set that I got off eBay for 30 bucks

I have found that I have better gas milage, more horsepower, better cornering, brighter headlights, my girlfriend is more understanding of me, my eyesight has improved and that nasty rash went away. Just kidding. Mine are for appearance and I haven't really noticed any big difference. :cool:

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have mine that i made using a DIY from SL.. I used 4 gauge Amp wiring from Tsunami and got some Copper clamps for home depot (not the cheap aluminum clamps) and spent like 40 to 50 bucks because of parts i used. but i did notice a difference in idle and the bass from my sound system was a little bit stronger... not much (so most people that are not into audio wouldnt notice) but was a little noticible difference to me. so did make differece in some areas.. but as far as increased gas milage and increased horsepower and throttle response i didnt really notice any difference in those. OH and my healights are not bright and they still dim when playing my system.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I tried a simular setup on antoher car after reading about this on forums and I didnt see any gain what so ever. You would think it would work becasue you ahve a better ground for all the electronics, but its a waste to me.

·
Registered
201 Posts
we install the NRG ground wires and epac to xB's at MOTOR FX all the time, and they have personally told me that it actually works, it silences any engine electrical noice, and increases the juice on the head lights and audio system etc.

if you are interested on these items or have any questions please feel free to ask

thanx
-Coi-

·
Registered
38 Posts
I tried a simular setup on antoher car after reading about this on forums and I didnt see any gain what so ever. You would think it would work becasue you ahve a better ground for all the electronics, but its a waste to me.
I agree
If you hear static on your radio and your in the station parking lot.
If your headlights dim and brighten as you drive right after buying a new battery.
If after that drifting contest the frame makes noise as you drive home.
GET EM!
Else they are for show!
Google a search on a review of these for more details.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I think your best use for them is to ground all your coils together. That will help with ignition. I see plates made for this, why not use the wires? And possibly to help with your added sound system, but that's about it.

Helps In throttle Response & Spark
CNC AL6061 Aluminum Construction
Gold Plated Terminals
Audio Quality Distribution Block
Ground wire included
Polished to a High Shine
Vehicle Specific Applications

·
Registered
223 Posts
So it seems for some they help with the Audio components and maybe the other electrical gear. But most seem to think the HP/Torque and MPG claims look like marketing crap...

Good assumption?

·
Registered
184 Posts
ive used grounding wires on all my other cars i had, wasnt a dramatic difference, but noticed a slightly better acceleration, lower radio noise, brighter headlights. i think its pointless to use on my 09 xb.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I truly fail to see how 60 bucks in flashy ground wires are going to do better than what the engineers designed for Scion. An engine is an air pump, how are ground wires going to increase the efficiency of the air pump? Unless the factory grounds are corroded then there should be no difference between the factory ground setup and the after market dilly. You can take a multi tester and check the ohm load (measure of resistance) across the face of the factory ground strap and compare that to the after market. I am willing to bet money that there is a negligible difference.

If you are getting better power to your system, and reduced engine noise, then your system is installed incorrectly. Most engine noise that is filtered through an amp is created by running the RCA cables along side the power cable from the battery. If you isolate those two then you also isolate engine noise.

~Brian

·
Registered
79 Posts
I currently have a Zune in my xB, and I've noticed horrendous engine noise feedback through the speakers when I have my Zune plugged in for power/recharging through the cigarette lighter. Will installing one of these kits help eliminate that interference?

·
Check Mah STEEZ~
1,533 Posts
right now i have the really cheap 1 for now untill i get a real.. 1.. they make it all crazy looking lmaoo.. its actually the size of speaker wire lmaoo wraped in Big fancy blue heat shield stuff.. but its suppose to help the flow of electricity in your engine/ etcc

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.