Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! We're thinking of buying a new XB, but the one thing I'm worried about is ground clearence. It seems awfully low to the road. Have any of you had a " bottoming out" with weight in the cargo area? Any issues with with clearing parking lot space concrete barriers? Last of all, how does it do in snow packed roadways? Any other points about ground clearence would be appreciated. I am a musician and will be hauling about 180 lbs of equipment in the Xb weekly. Thanks !

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
alot of people in my family drive xB's and they are all stock. They carry people and stuff in the back damn near daily and they've never complained of not clearing driveways or bottoming out or anything like that. They still sit above concrete parking blocks as well. and we all live in the boonies! :D

hell, I've got 18" wheels and TRD lowering springs and I can still pack the back of the car and not bottom out or scrape on much. do have to watch the parking blocks though :p

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Had mine for 40 days. 2200 miles. 3/4 of the time with the back seats down. I would say it's perfect for a musician!:)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Lets see....2" drop, 2 10" subs+box,3 sons ( 210 lbs,265 lbs, 355 lbs)wife( won't tell her weight) and me 185 lbs. Don't bottom, just gotta watch the parking lot stops and my driveway.

back to the swamp and lily pad.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
I'm with everyone else, no problems with ground clearance. (I'm also dropped 2".) My wife's box is still stock, she hasn't had any complaints with parking lot barriers, and she does haul around alot of stuff. People too (too many if you ask me!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies. We brought home the XB yesterday, and so far, we love it. It's hard to believe the price and gas mileage, but we're believers! :)

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Soulman said:
Thanks for all the replies. We brought home the XB yesterday, and so far, we love it. It's hard to believe the price and gas mileage, but we're believers! :)
Alright!
Congrats, what color did you get? Pics???

We love new boxes!!!! Time to show off!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Only time Ive had problems was at the airport. Im dropped 2.5-3 inches, and I had to pick up my sisters friends. Now this doesnt sound bad until I add the next fact. They went on a week long trip (lots of luggage + weight of my subs) and theyre all shot putters so BIG people. I ended up scraping exhaust along the highway for a bit, but it ended up being okay.

Scotty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.