Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Chad i go by the same SN on Scion Life so some of you may have seen my threads on my custom built steel wheels, and my S/C project.

Well, I have a 2006 BCP xB. Just a couple of the mods are.....

Canvas sunroof
Custom built steelies
TRD chrome kit
Billet grilles
1960's Mini Cooper fender mirrors

Here are a couple pics........

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The chrome kit isn't pictured because I just got it and it's not installed yet.

·
Registered
208 Posts
lookin so fresh and so clean...diggin your box's stance

oh btw WELCOME

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys will see lots more pics. Photography is a hobby of mine.

I'm a member of a local club up here in Minneapolis called Minnesota Sport Compacts. We have weekly meets that I take pics at. Here are a few of them just because I feel like posting a few more pics..... lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
So you must know the Tintmasters gang. The good ol days of driving to Wisconsin w/ 100+ hondas from MSP to Wisconsin.. the craziness.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tintmasters sounds familiar, but I don't know them.

Thanks for the compliments on the pics. I was working with a Kodak Easyshare and finally stepped up to a Nikon D50 SLR camera and my pics look way better now.

I love to shoot pics so you will see more.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^^ Thanks man. Originally I got them because it was deep dish on a budget but they turned out to be really sweet.

·
Registered
827 Posts
OMG, those steelies are off the hook!!!! Your box reminds me of british race cars from the 50's. Very cool.......

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Okay whats the scoop on the steelies - factory off something else or ???? I need details..(you got the hamster moving) - Welcome to the "Other Side"

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
EticketXb said:
Okay whats the scoop on the steelies - factory off something else or ???? I need details..(you got the hamster moving) - Welcome to the "Other Side"
The steelies are custom built one-off wheels made to my specs.

They are 15x8" all the way around with a staggered offset. Front wheels are 5.25" backspacing or about 18mm offset and the rear wheels are 4.75" offset or about 5mm offset for extra dish in the back.

You can order them at www.custombuiltsteelwheels.com The wheels are $80 a piece with a $5 charge for custom backspacing. Total with shipping I paid $440 for the set of 4.

They come in black primer and the wheels rust almost immediately. I wanted them in silver but they charge extra for powdercoating so I decided to take the finishing upon myself.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is a side by side.

Left is what they look like when you get them, right is after I painted one.

The stock black primer does not seal the wheel against rust. The wheels started rusting within a week after I had them mounted up. They are fine now that I painted them.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sid said:
I wish they have smoothie centers or at least something with out the little holes, so it would go with my theme, but last thing I've read, they don't have those in 4-100.
There are chrome caps out there for the center hole though.

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
So these wheels are not hub centric I take it???? They look like a universal center 4-100 & 4-114.3 - Any problems with balance or vibration?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
EticketXb said:
So these wheels are not hub centric I take it???? They look like a universal center 4-100 & 4-114.3 - Any problems with balance or vibration?
No, they are not hubcentric, but generally with steelies they don't need to be. Alloy rims only need to be hubcentric because of the way they are made.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.