Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
04 Camo.....
S-techs, Works, Invidia, 2 cracked windshields, bent Buddy Clubs, trips to Vegas, 35 mpg hw ( sometimes better), Japanese mini mini Chevy Astro-Van!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
youthinasia said:
04 Camo.....
S-techs, Works, Invidia, 2 cracked windshields, bent Buddy Clubs, trips to Vegas, 35 mpg hw ( sometimes better), Japanese mini mini Chevy Astro-Van!
Still looks good for a '94! :D :D :D So, tell us about the windshields...... :confused:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Twice!!! Twice.....coming back from Vegas...............interstate 15.....no troubles along the way until you hit San Bernadino county...then...BAM! rock hits windshield.....I wasn't even driving close to any big rigs or anything........phantom rocks! Happened twice within 2 months...I replaced the windshield the second time.....Longo wanted something like 700.00, but I found a place in Covina.....250.00.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
youthinasia said:
Twice!!! Twice.....coming back from Vegas...............interstate 15.....no troubles along the way until you hit San Bernadino county...then...BAM! rock hits windshield.....I wasn't even driving close to any big rigs or anything........phantom rocks! Happened twice within 2 months...I replaced the windshield the second time.....Longo wanted something like 700.00, but I found a place in Covina.....250.00.
700 bucks?! :eek: Yikes, that's steep!

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
I'm shocked *knock on wood* that I haven't cracked my windshield yet. I did it in my mini truck three times in one year. and I live in San B county ;) EVERYTHING is under contruction out here so there's gravel and cement trucks all over. They drop so much stuff off the back it should be illegal, but what can ya do. I stay as far away from them as possible, only took me three times to learn my lesson :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
650 for the glass, 10 for the trim...then labor.......it scared the crap out of me1 I called around and this other shop, using the same ppg supplier....much cheaper nd they did it in 30 minutes.....lifetime guarantee. If any of you ever need it, pm or email me and I'll send you the info.

I've read that it has to do with the angle of the glass...near vertical.My replacement already has a few small chips, but that first one put a 1/2 hole in the glass, then over a month, it spread....The second one was a small chip at the corner, which spread acroos too over a few weeks. I tried that fix-it glue, but that didn't work.

Both times, it was the same place. Coming down to the area just before the 215 interchange....all the cars are going fast. You hit it ont he money! COnstructions going on all the time...gravel everywhere!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Dew said:
I'm shocked *knock on wood* that I haven't cracked my windshield yet. I did it in my mini truck three times in one year. and I live in San B county ;) EVERYTHING is under contruction out here so there's gravel and cement trucks all over. They drop so much stuff off the back it should be illegal, but what can ya do. I stay as far away from them as possible, only took me three times to learn my lesson :D
Guess I better stop complaining about our roads here, you all make us seem like we're riding on clouds!

Back on track, it's about the Green Machine!! :cool:

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
yeah it is the angle of the glass, the windshields on the xB's are like a glass wall, not a very steep angle. Where as say a Firebird have a massive angle. They just skim off instead of crashing through lol

Anyway, like dtrain said, back to the green machine :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When it came time to change cars, The Xb was on the top of the list for some reason. I knew it was going to be a big canage as my previous vehicle was a Chevy Silverado picu-up. I think the two factors that made me choose the Xb were 1. I really liked the look of the thing......I had seen a bunch of Japanese K-car type vehicles, and the Xb reminded me of those. It also looked kind of retro...not so much as the PT cruiser, but there was something retro about it. maybe more a mini cooper way. ( btw, I'm so glad I didn't get a PT Cruiser!), second or course, was the price. I couldn't believe the car could cost what I paid for it. I kept thinking, it's worth at least a few more grand than what the sticker said; it came with everything one would need...power windows and locks, abs, a cd player....I thought, hmmmmmmm,,,this would be one purchase that I wouldn't actually feel like I was getting ripped off!

Longo was pretty cool. Richard Serrano made me feel like I was buying a Lexus. Great service from him.

I think I waited a month and decided that I wanted to lower the Xb. One of my patients hasa boyfriend that owns a local tuning shop, so I was able to get a good deal on the Tein S-techs, installed. I drove around with the stock steelies, unitl I went on the net and found some sites with pics of Xb's with custom rims. I always liked the racer-look of the Buddy-Cluib wheels and they were priced right so I got those. Since then, I added an overhead dvd monitor ( for the kids,,,right??!?), I found a JDM speed grille, and I installed an SRI and exhaust. I think I had the first off the line Invidia g200. THough now I prefer the canister/drifter look exhausts like the Strup, I really like the Invidia. The tip sticks out beyond the cut out a bit and doesn't sound excessively loud, but I think because of it being the easy version, there are some problems. The thing drones at fwy cruising speeds hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....gives you a head ache if you don't crank up the radio, and the canister body has a large diameter; enought to knock against the right rear lowering spring. I had to use those big zip ties to keep it from moving.

I just got the Works over x-mas, a sort of personal gift to myself. Luckily, a local shop had a shipment coming in so I didn't have to wait 3 months. They are expensive, especially for 15" wheels, but I really lke the quality of them!They exude quality! if that is at all possible!

The rear offset, being +10, pushed the outer lip past the rear fender about 1 cm. This resulted in rubbing when driving over bumps, so I had the fenders trimmed. I tried rolling them, but the fender was tough to roll. There's kind of a double lip or something, with somewhite rubber material.

I'd lke to drop it more, but it would most likely decrease the driveability so that's probably not to smart.

So for now.......that's it!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Impressive!

Nice write-up! Yup, you're an xB owner for sure! I predict great things for your box, you've got a good thing going already! Keep those mods (and pics) coming! :cool:

BTW, you mentioned patients, what's your area of speciality?

·
Registered
219 Posts
woohoo! anotha camo. looks real nice. how the hell did you get 35mpg? i only got 30. i was gonna do the same combo with the rims.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm a Chiropractor by day, musician by night!

I think the gold works look good on the box, especially in the darker colors. The yellow and rs 2.0 looks good with the polished ones. But I still think the Equip 01's look pretty sharp.

I almost went for the vip style after I saw bBoxB's Xb with 18x8.5 Work Eurolines...but those were at least a grand more for that wheel tire combo....man.

I think the Equips fit the sporty look of the xB. It may not goor drift like a Hachi, but at least we can have the wheels!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
youthinasia said:
Cool combo!

O/T: Hey, what do you play? I planning on getting my first bass soon (Carvin - Bunny Brunel 5-string). Do you think that's too much bass guitar to start off with?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
dtrain619 said:
Nice write-up! Yup, you're an xB owner for sure! I predict great things for your box, you've got a good thing going already! Keep those mods (and pics) coming! :cool:

BTW, you mentioned patients, what's your area of speciality?

LOL...You know you're a Scion owner when...;)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
youthinasia said:
dtrain619 said:
Cool combo!
O/T: Hey, what do you play? I planning on getting my first bass soon (Carvin - Bunny Brunel 5-string). Do you think that's too much bass guitar to start off with?
We got some musicians in the house!! Hey, I sing, I use to be in a couple of bands and did Karaoke for 5 years straight. I would love to do karaoke again, kinda rusty, but I love singing in the box.:D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I play the piano and keyboards, but have recently been doing electronic music, You can check out some demos at http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=193802

Never skimp on the quality of your gear. CArvin is an awesome brand....superior instrument. Don't think.."hey, I'll get something cheap right now and upgrade later"...waste of money.

Bass is an awesome instrument. If you can, get some pro instruction, but if you can't listen to as many songs as you can and try to do what they do.....John Patatucci, Geddy Lee, Stanley Clarke......

practice practice practice!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.