Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!

Got my wife's new strut bar in today! First one around that I've heard of.

Check it out:

My crappy camera phone doesn't do it justice. The color matches perfectly right down to the gold flake in the paint. I'm very impressed.

It'll go on with the drop springs fairly soon. Just gotta bribe my technician friend...

-Alex

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Sweet, can't wait to see it installed!

·
Registered
199 Posts
thats nice and all, but what about the Graphics that were supposed to be on it 3 weeks ago?...:D Just kidding, thats really cool.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IAxB said:
thats nice and all, but what about the Graphics that were supposed to be on it 3 weeks ago?...:D Just kidding, thats really cool.
Tell me about it!

I'm going to contact Ryan today. He has had some problems of his own with his graphics machines, but I hope to have the dragons done this week.

Thanks for the compliments everybody. Again, I hope to have it on soon along with the TRD springs.

-Alex

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
superjeer said:
did you have that painted?
Nope, special limited release from Scion. Only 400 will be made in the green color. Otherwise it's a standard TRD strut bar.

-Alex

·
Registered
126 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:
Nope, special limited release from Scion. Only 400 will be made in the green color. Otherwise it's a standard TRD strut bar.

-Alex
Any other limited mods on tap?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Point_Oh said:
Any other limited mods on tap?
I doubt we'll see the intake like we did with the RS1 and RS2 simply because they are listed as "off road use only" parts now.

Somebody should annodize a few of the battery clamps and oil caps in green and they would sell the hell out of them... hmmmmm...

At the moment, the strut bar is it for us greenies!

-Alex

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Griz where can I see apic of these RS1 intake? We could always paint the stock oil cap, I have HotLava and Envy Green mixed and ready to spray, powder coating works as well, I have a home powdercoat. Check out this orange and green powder coat and the blue is bad a$$

Heres more case mods I did at home, http://www.gamblin.net/casemods/

I ordered a hotchkiss bar, the other day, when It gets in it will be painted Envy Green for the wifes RS3

Are the battery caps and oil cap, aluminum or some metal or plasitc?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Skeeter, the towers look good!

You can sort of see the intake in this picture:

Ignore the guy with the camera...

I'll have to take some more shots of my engine bay this summer. I seem to not have very many.

Battery clamp is steel, battery caps are plastic and the oil cap is plastic too (for the stock parts at least).

-Alex

·
Registered
126 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:
Hey Skeeter, the towers look good!

You can sort of see the intake in this picture:

Ignore the guy with the camera...

I'll have to take some more shots of my engine bay this summer. I seem to not have very many.

Battery clamp is steel, battery caps are plastic and the oil cap is plastic too (for the stock parts at least).

-Alex

That's an awesome pic, Alex!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Skeeter said:
That pic looks freaky, with the battery being on the other side and the VVT-I being backwards. Thanks Griz, sweet bikes on your site.
HAHA! Thanks!

Yeah, when I finally fix the fuel leak on the BSA I'll get to riding it and punishing my kidneys again this summer. I need to get that damn CBX DONE too! Lots of work in my future...

Too many mods, too many vehicles, too little time!

-Alex

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.