Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well does anyone have this turbo kit installed in thier box? if so how do you like the performance and will it be track competitive? (on an 1/8th mile track) hahaha hey dion could you imagine what peeps would say if i blew the doors off a V8 since i only loose by onlyee 1 sec or less to V8s at the track, what more with this?:D

·
Registered
140 Posts
from what ive heard they seem to be a good kit but they have crappy oil lines and their emanage sucks. If you get some other mamgement you should be ok.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I installed the Greddy Kit a month and a half to 2 months ago. I haven't had any problems with the kit after 1000+ miles. It pushes 5 psi and has been running great with the standard Greddy eManage map and stock injectors. We have already had 100+ degree weather here in AZ and I have had no detonation or CEL's.

Here is a link to some of the installation pics. Keep in mind that the kit does not come polished or with HPC thermal coatings as seen in the pics.

http://www.scionetics.com/photos4.cfm?albumID=151

·
Bad Choice McGee
240 Posts
Have you dyno'd it yet? Or do you have an idea of what the horsepower is at 5psi?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Would you really consider it worth the investment? Cost vs performance. Be honest, I might be considering one if yours continues to work great.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Have you dyno'd it yet? Or do you have an idea of what the horsepower is at 5psi?
I have not dyno'd it yet. It has already reached 110+ degrees here in AZ so I will not dyno until the fall or winter at this point.

If I have to guess, I would realistically say you can get 25-30 whp with the kit. I have a set of tC injectors that I need to install still. Once this is done I will crank up the boost, tune it and dyno it.

thats kind of gay that you have to use the factory airbox

what is the aceleration like? is it about double compaired to factory?
The factory airbox serves its purpose. A Blitz air filter would sit in the same location and still suck up the hot air.

Supposedly, Greddy makes a CAI for this kit. I ordered a couple of months ago and have not received it yet. I will post pictures once it comes in.

You can definitely feel the difference between a stock xB (Basic Mods) and my xB. There is definitely more power when you need it! The turbo is pretty small, compliments the displacement and spools up almost instantly.

Would you really consider it worth the investment? Cost vs performance. Be honest, I might be considering one if yours continues to work great.

I have owned high hp turbocharged SR20's and although this doesn't have the power like an SR20 does, the xB is an awesome "around town" vehicle in my opinion and it is well worth the time and money I have invested in this kit. It is as close to a "TRUE" bolt on turbo kit as it comes. I am happy with the results thus far.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know that you'll probably shoot me down, but 4 grand seems a little high for 25% more power. If I spent that much, I would be looking to double my power. Did you look into piecing together a kit? It probably would've cost half of that. I've said this before in an attempt to steer someone else away from doing the turbo thing, but I think that the xB is a better candidate for a supercharger. As much as I like the efficiency that turbos have (power used vs power gained), the 1.5 just doesn't have a long enough stroke to spin up a turbo in a reasonable time and get use out of it. It might be a little different if the 1.5 had a rev limit of 7,500 or something. Speaking of that, has anyone ever been able to increase the redline on our cars yet?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.