Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got this thing yesterday and installed it in the morning.
weird thing is when i got under the car to install it i noticed the stock rear arm bar had been unbolted on one side and straightened out.

so apparently i've been driving without the factory bar in place for who knows how long since i've never checked it before. theres only 2 places that could have touched that, the dealership or the body shop and the body shop only worked on the front end of the car.

anyway i cant really tell any noticeable difference with the greddy arm bar on there. sure does look pretty when i look underneath the car though. just thought i'd share.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i got a problem i heard some rattling on the passenger side of the car when the exhaust purring is deep and low and i thought it might be the arm bar so i tightened it and the bolt broke off. how do i get that broken piece out of there?

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
ok

go to lowes or home depot w/ bolt head and tell them you want an " Easy Out" it goes in a drill and you put the drill in reverse to use it. It cuts a threaded type grove in broken part then locks and twists out old bolt. there are diff sizes so take broken one or the other good one to get right size. You may, depending on bolt size, need a 1/2 drill motor to get it out. good luck. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.