Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. Just curious if there's anyone around my general area thats big into our xB's. I see so many xB's on the road and never see a single one that's been modded beyond a window sticker or a set of factory wheels. Everyone is even running at stock height. :eek:

I feel all along in a jungle of automotive artwork waiting to be expressed! :(

Maybe I'm blind (and I'm hopping so). I'd like to find people like minded and friendly. People that want their box to be more then the stock scion they purchased off the lot.

Maybe this group of people doesn't exist yet and we can form our own. Would be nice to meet someone new, make a friend. See what others have done to their cars that we never thought of. (or could afford).

A stock box owner is just as welcome as a fully sponcered, totally modded, chopped, dropped, and supercharged toaster's owner. Would just like to see some friendly box owners!

When I wave at others in xB's, people look at me like I'm psycho. I am, a little, but hey, why else would I love a car as ugly as the xB? Anyway...

So if you live in Pinellas Park, St. Pete., Clearwater, Largo, Tampa or anywhere near by, please speak up!

Chris.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information, I just discovered it last night. Didn't realize there were so many scion fans in the area.

G

·
I'm from the Kissimmee area and Tampa's only 1 hour away. I've seen were there are some car shows being held at the Big top flea Market on flower and I-75. Next one is on Aug. 5th. What are they like? Do they include us (scions) or are they mostly hot rods?

Barry

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live in Pinellas Park.
Hey there Justin. You should check out K.A.D.

http://www.kadevelopment.com/

The Pinellas crew meets at 7 p.m. EVERY Thursday for dinner at a resturant and just hang out. We also do random stuff all week long. We usually don't post about the other stuff. Just call one another spur of the moment.

You're welcome to come out to a meet though, just check out the pinellas board on the KAD forum. The first post will have the planned Thursday meets and right below it is usually a poll of where the next weeks meet will be.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In case you are interested. This weeks Pinellas meet will be at Lee Roy Selmons. Corner of East Bay and Keene (North East Corner). Thursday March 29th. 7 P.M. And the address is below in the event you need to get dirrections.

Lee Roy Selmon's.
2480 East Bay Drive
Largo, FL 33771
(727) 536-5773

Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
damn.i am at work in orlando for the wekend.where is the next meet at?the kad website will not let me regester for some reason.
SONIC'S
8651 ULMERTON ROAD
LARGO, FL 33771-3834
(727) 524-1434

As always, Thursday at 7 p.m.

Also, you might want to look into the 2nd Annual Scion Car Show at Old Town (Kissimmee, Florida) on April 22. There will be over 100 Scions there!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so Chris..when you gonna let me in on the 411 of the random stuff we do during the week???? :)
Oh no, you busted me! ;) Tuesday's Buggy, Nik and me go play basketball and tennis at a park behind Wally-world. If you wanna come, just show up. 5-6ish pm till about dark. Nik is the only one of us that's any good at all.

Buggy goes to some country bar on Wednesdays or Fridays. Sometimes. Then theres a movie rarely. Like Clerks 2. Sometimes the stuff is posted, sometimes its not.

·
Banned
78 Posts
hello wennie!!

shoot..i would love to come play b-ball...but dont leave work till 7pm..depending if we still have customers in the service drive..sometimes the dealership stuff sucks..lol

we should make a club effort to go see transformers,spidey 3 and grindhouse...they all look pretty gosh darn good..lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
chris......alot of scions i see around here are all stock on the outside i see a few with rims now and then,maybe they have the inside decked out?i used to wave at the others that had beetles but they did the same look at me like Im crazy so i learned from that lol....wish i can find some jacksonville clubs......

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
chris......alot of scions i see around here are all stock on the outside i see a few with rims now and then,maybe they have the inside decked out?i used to wave at the others that had beetles but they did the same look at me like Im crazy so i learned from that lol....wish i can find some jacksonville clubs......
Most of our xB owners here have stock boxes, nothing interior, nothing exterior. Rarely I'll see one with aftermarket wheels. It seems most of the drivers here are older people (60+). I wave at them, most of them don't wave back, but I'll see them the next day and wave again... There was one guy that I waved at 3 days in a row, and he didn't wave back. The 4th day, he didn't drive the same way... I scared him off! :D

I think every one should start waving at them and we'll train them monkeys they need to wave back! Gives a sense of a family. Jeeps do it, Vetts do it, why not Scions?

Anyway, I know there is a Jacksonville club. I'm pretty sure its either SE or Scikotics. KAD hasn't spread up above Orlando yet. Fare warning, some of the Scikotic people I've met are "krazy." The SE people I've met are laid back, older folks, really friendly, and have some REALLY NICELY modded boxes.

So check out these sites and see if you can find someone near you. You'll have to register with Scikotics to view their boards.

http://www.scionevolution.org/
http://www.scikotics.com/

Oh, and I WILL be at the Old Town show, done paid for a place to stay the night before. I hope I can bring home a trophy from this, but I'm thinking my odds are slim to none.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts