Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Larry and Mike Ma and all the nice folks at Auto Fashion for a great time today. The Grand Opening was just that! We had a great lunch, cool prizes and some awesome rides. Please enjoy the photos of the day...

I started off at the Block at Orange. Kurt & Kurt (ocxb) were waiting for me while I got my doughnuts and coffee. When I came out the weather was starting to threaten with thunder and lightning.

I was hoping that the rain would hold off or pass by since I had spent three hours cleaning my ride the night before

That was not to be the case though, less than a mile into our drive it started to rain...big time!

The downpour continued for about four miles, the freeway was under an inch and a half of water, no pics of that, too busy watching out for those drivers who think water on oil is a cool thing to drive on.

Once we got down to Oceanside the weather was clear and hot.

Here's Kurt & Kurt driving behind me.

We took PCH all the way down to Encinitas before getting back on the freeway. In Oceanside many of the businesses show their support for the troops...

Auto Fashion is located close the NAS at Mirimar. Here are some of the choppers sitting by the road...

We arrived as the crew was still setting up for the days events. When we saw the logo we knew we were at the right place.

The Scions' and tuners were also a big clue!

There's Chef with some of the San Diego SE peeps.

It was time to clean the rain spots and dirt off our rides...Someone needs some sunscreen!

I made sure my ride was presentable. Man it was hot down there!

The finishing touch...SCINERGY represent!

We left a space open for Frenchie...and waited...and waited...and...

He finally showed in true French fashion...

Then we had to do the group shot...again!

Two of my favorite San Diego SE members...Dion and Pat

Rick (old man campbell) was out of town but his fine ride was there...

Time to go inside and check out all the goodies...

The owner Larry and Mike looking very professional...

Time to go out in the heat and check the rides...

And of course, this nice ride kept catching my eye!

The guys from Falken Tires were there

Lunch was off the chain. Carne Asada, Chicken and Carnitas with the best salsa I've had in a long time. These guys really know how to cook. It was so good I even went back for seconds!

Time for the raffles

Dion was a big winner, 2 prizes including a front tower strut bar for his xB...that is until his wife sees it!

Take it and run Dion!

After all the food and fun, the prizes and the tour of the store it was time to hit the road. Be sure to stop by and see all the great peeps at Auto Fashion, they have sweet stuff and great prices!

I know, I can't tell a story as well as Rodney but this will have to do!
At least I did take a picture of the food!

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
awesome pics! looks fun!

man, i could've been there today. i could stop by at my cousin's work at Denny's.

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
too bad my car is still in the shop :( wish I could have been there to hang with my bros.

That includes you Dion :D

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Dew said:
too bad my car is still in the shop :( wish I could have been there to hang with my bros.

That includes you Dion :D
Don't worry Bro, I asked about you! We'll hook it up at the Nationals.

And Taz, you did a great job with the pics AND narration!! Kudos, my friend.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Wow! Thanks for sharing the pix! Looks like it was a great turnout.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.