Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Forgets to check this
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dose anyone know how to take off the stupid Gov. with out useing chips?

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
unplug your speedo.

i used to drive my little brothers 01 ranger from phoenix to california quite often and to get past the 92 fuel cut out i just unplugged the speedo cable. then he sold it with 62000 miles and in all actuality it had about 162000 miles. im not sure if it will work with these cars but its worth a hoot.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would max out my old 03 ranger all the time, and with the 20s it was probably closer to 95 while the speedo said 92. I've never maxed out the xB, it seems like i just don't want to go fast enough for it to kick in driving the box. I didn't even know it had a governor....

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
where is the gov set at? ive some speedos at the 120 mark, ive had mine right up about 100 +/- and really theres no reason to NEED to be going any faster than that.

·
Forgets to check this
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mines set at 85 +/- one or two miles kinda low and I know it can go more then that.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
wow what year is your box?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
No your isnt set at that. They dont have governors. I frankly dont care about power in mine really, but Ive had mine WAY over that. Its your wheels or something that is holding you back. You're only limited by power/aerodynamics

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
yea scotty thats what i was thinking, mine is an 06 as well and ive been well above that. granted you gotta be soaking wet with a tail wind going down hill. but ive come to par with the fact that my car is not nor ever will be 'fast'. so i try and make it look as nice as i can to project my style and take advantage of the available features. -=]

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Not to brag, but I've hit the 120 mark. You REALLY don't need to go ANY faster than 80mph. The motor screams so much that you think you might break it. Honestly, if you need to go THAT fast, get yourself a human slingshot.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Not to brag, but I've hit the 120 mark. You REALLY don't need to go ANY faster than 80mph. The motor screams so much that you think you might break it. Honestly, if you need to go THAT fast, get yourself a human slingshot.
are you auto or standard and are you on rims and what kind with what size tires... your speedo might be off is why i am asking i know mine is about to be...

·
3,453 Posts
Well, don't do it unless you wanna be stupid. Seriously, there's absolutely no reason to go above 80mph. Maybe when you're doing it, you're on a slight uphill?

Again though, only stupid people drive over 80mph on public roads. If you wanna attempt going faster, please, rent some track time.

·
3,453 Posts
Good stuff. Just don't go trying to prove yourself something that really doesn't need to be proved. Most drag strip racing usually tops out (for standard street cars) at 90-100mph anyways.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Good stuff. Just don't go trying to prove yourself something that really doesn't need to be proved. Most drag strip racing usually tops out (for standard street cars) at 90-100mph anyways.

yea i tryed it at the track but could never leave the line good it was a gst which is only fwd... but i went well over 100....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.