Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a guy in Miami who was checking my bags go: "Uh, how do you say that word?" I replied: "Des Moines? Um, it's Des Moines." Then he says: "Oh, uh, where's that?"

No wonder my baggage was lost.

C'mon IOWA!! Let 'em know where you're at!

-Alex

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im here... In IA... I saw 4 other XBs on the way home from Quiznos the other day. 1 was the alpha works, 1 was a BCP (i think the mnger of south meadow apts - paula), one TCM, and One Ive never seen before with stickers all over it... Its the most XBs ive ever seen on a 2 mile drive.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Alpha Works xB is John. He's really cool.

I only ever see him when he gets service done, but be sure to wave at him when you pass by!

He really wanted to make the top of that car look like a copy machine, but the fiberglass work would be pretty damn expensive and not really worth it in the end.

Also, keep an eye out for Justin in his BOP xB. It's pretty bone stock right now, but he was in the other day asking about mods and I'm pretty sure we'll see him again soon.

Nick, you're coming to Hockey night on the 10th, right?

-Alex

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AirecK said:
i might be making a trip to Iowa to visit my moms.....
they live in Columbus... or something like that..can't remember...
any place i should visit while im there????

Well, I don't think there is a Columbus, IA. There's a Columbus, Nebraska (and Ohio, of course), but I couldn't find one in Iowa. In either case, there's not a WHOLE lot to do in Iowa, but if you head this way, drop me a line and we'll get something going.

-Alex

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Columbus, nebraska is tight! lol. if you're coming out aireck, hit me up id love to meet some other owners!

and yes, im reppin IA here! Nebraska is a dead-state for scions. I claim Iowa 100%!

scott

·
Registered
126 Posts
When I would go to LA to visit my family all I heard was "Iowa...isnt that where all them potatos come from?" Fucking hippies. DM,IA!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well I'm here, gotta rep for the east coast..of Iowa...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello all,
I have been cruising around this site for a grand total of 10 hours now, seeing as how I own a Xb now. I just got a polar white '06 on Friday. I live in West Des Moines and work over in Urbandale. I will see if we can make it in Feb to the seven oaks get together it would be cool to meet other drivers. I have driven a Jeep for the past nine years, and we have the Jeep wave, so if you see a goofball in a stock white Xb waving to ya... don't be offended just me saying hi.
Cheers
Bryan

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Bryan and welcome to the site!

Unfortunately, this is a pretty old thread (but a good one!) and the Seven Oaks event was last year. We will do it again, but I don't have a date yet.

We are currenlty planning a simple meet in Des Moines for the 25th at our VP's new house. You should come by and meet the members of ScinergyIA if you want. It will be pretty low key and fun.

Detais are on our website: ScinergyIA

Hope to see you there!!!

-Alex

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Wow, old thread. From Clinton here, less than 4 blocks from the mighty Mississippi.

And there is a Columbus Junction, Iowa, it's about 1.5 hours from me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts