Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( Literally. I just discovered a screw embedded in my tire, just far enough on the wall so that no one will patch it for me. I'm annoyed because I've only got 4,300 miles on the tires (& car!). Dude, I haven't even had my first oil change on the car yet & I bought the extra warranty. The dealer wants $100 for a new tire because of course no warranty will cover tires. I know some of you work for Toyota/Scion, do you guys think if I called my salesman that he'd be able to flip me a free tire? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
That does bite! I know when you buy tires at like Les Schwab Tire Centers and some others you get road hazard. Things like that are covered I don't think that the tire warranty you get with the box covers it. However you might want to read over the warranty booklet that came with your manuals when you bought your xB and maybe you need to go through Good Year. Not sure bro. I can't find mine so can't check for ya. Good Luck and if you need to buy a new tire go to Les Schwab Tire Centers. Price should be better and they stand behind anything they sell.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If the screw is in the sidewall it can't be patched for safety reasons. Are you running the stock 15's because those can't be $100 a tire? Anything you get from the stealership is gonna cost too much unless..and sometimes even if..you have a "hook-up" that can get you a "discount". You can try dealing with the salesman but I doubt it will work. If you bought the tires at a reputable tire shop you might have a better chance at getting a deal but I doubt you'll have any luck though the dealer. I'd just find a local tire shop a get it replaced. It should'nt be over $100 mounted,balanced,and installed.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I talked to Les Schwab but they don't sell the exact same tire. I got a quote of about $90 from them, & $100 for a matching one @ the Scion dealer. I just called my sales guy at Scion & he told me to come in after work & he'll see what he can do for me. Might just get a free replacement out of it anyway!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I checked tirerack.com and the oe replacement tires are $74 each so I guess you should see if the $100 the dealer quoted you includes mounting and balancing,valve stems,disposal....all the stuff you'll get charged wherever you go. By the way, most dealer(stealer)ship's contract out jobs like tires and exhaust work and charge 10-15% over for their "trouble".

·
Registered
82 Posts
:p HaHaHa,..,you replied while I was typing. I hope it works out for ya! Good luck!:)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the way, most dealer(stealer)ship's contract out jobs like tires and exhaust work and charge 10-15% over for their "trouble".

Hmmm, that's an interesting little tidbit. I'll keep it in mind when I go talk with them. I'm going to be a hopeful skeptic because they've done right by me so far....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just dropped my car off at the dealer to have the tire replaced. $60 for a new factory tire (about 1/2 the cost of a quote for a new one I got yesterday) & they gave me a free loaner car for for the day. Toyota of Kirkland & the service manager is Gary Moore, he's awesome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts