Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bad Choice McGee
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my xB last night. It was a tough battle but I finally got one of my own.

2006 xB, blue onyx pearl, 5 speed, huge muffler. The car is frickin amazing and I am not regretting throwing down an excessive amount for it.

Quick phone pic here.
C030907_1736_00.jpg

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
cool! congrats. its a good feeling ehh? now see if you can write clubxb in yellow snow right there.. lol

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
All right!

Let’s hear it for the power of persistence.

Glad your finance guy came through.

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Glad to have you join us :) Nice color choice too!!!:cool:

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Welcome Aboard!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Glad to see you got one, Nick, welcome to the family! :D

These little boxes are very habit forming, and no matter what aother vehicle you sit in, you will be making comparisons to your box, and often the box comes out better.

Don't lost touchj with us - we'd like to know how you're doing with the box.

Take care,

·
Bad Choice McGee
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AS for mods, first thing's first i'm getting my stereo put in. Alpine CDA-9855, 4ga wiring, 1.4 farad Stinger cap, two 10" Eclipse 6000 series subs in a Rox Box high output ported box.

From there i'm most likely gonna buy some full mon hub caps (or whatever they are called) until I know how much I am making at my job.

I was also thinking about adding an A-pillar for a few extra gauges, but i'm not sure how extensive a job that would be to get them working and what gauges I would want (other than engine coolant temp).

The possibilities are out there, I just need to find out how much money I will be making with my job.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
didnt they tell you a pay rate before you took the job? where are you working? normally burger king starts out at like $6.50 lol jk. hope to see some more pics as the progress contunues with your car.

·
Bad Choice McGee
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heh, they did tell me how much I was making, but its a matter that i've never been paid on the first and 15th of every month so i'm not sure how many hours I would get on each paycheck. Plus the fact that they told me about getting a raise after 3 months and getting put on bonus as well, that makes for a lot of extra cash.

BUT now that I was just informed that I will be getting the raise and bonus come April 1st I think the first thing I will do is get some rims.

What size looks the best on an xB?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
...BUT now that I was just informed that I will be getting the raise and bonus come April 1st I think the first thing I will do is get some rims.

What size looks the best on an xB?
Heheheheheheh... You probably don't realize just how loaded a question that is, Nick. :D

Everyone thinks THEIR size wheel/tire is the best, and will argue for it.

I happen to think my5-spoke 15's with excellent tires is the best - well, maybe second best - there is one wheel I like the looks of a lot better. :rolleyes:

Pics in the galleries... :)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Welcome! Nice to have you here on the boards.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
i <3 17's the wheel well consumes them so nicely. all tho keoki has the 18's and those fit really well also. its a tough decision. i opted for the 17's tho.

·
Bad Choice McGee
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think i'm pretty set on 17s and i'll most likely drop it with bags. But the big problem is that I have frickin clue where I can get the bag conversion done... or even where to buy a decent set up.

I figured the airbags are the best way to go since Calgary has some pretty nasty bumps and dips and curbs. At least with bags I can adjust on the fly when I need to. This won't happen for a while though :(... i'll just focus on rims for the time being.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.