Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a long time waiting but they got here this morning and I installed them. I wrote a small review on the over at Scionlife.com in http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103971&highlight=

Needless to say I am a happy camper. They still have quite a few left I beleive. Here's some pics of my box with em.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
cool bro! just read the review you posted and i'm still waiting to get mine. hopefully i'll get them tomarrow. i'm dying to put them on!!!

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
got mine too. so far so good. got them installed and i'll take pics and write a little review some time this weekend.

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet!

Looking forward to seeing yours.

·
Registered
362 Posts
yellow_sub-

I gotta take a look at your box one of these days....
Need some motivation to mod... :D

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
daramg said:
yellow_sub-

I gotta take a look at your box one of these days....
Need some motivation to mod... :D
thank you! theres a meet on wed night i'll pm you with the details.

ok everyone i got mine on fri and installed them about 3 seconds later. the wheather has been perfect around here to test them this weekend. it was sunny one day and pouring the next. i noticed that gcat007 put his right up along the curve of the sill and i moved them down about a half inch leaving a yellow boarder around them. the only problem i had is the same as everyone else. the front two visors clip the window on the way up and rattle when driving around. the right side even rattles when the window is up. but this can be solved easily with a stip of felt or rubber from a local hardware store, which i was gonna do anyway so it's really no big deal. other than that these thing look great and do what their supposed to do, so a big thanks to NSP Tommy for producing these thing a hell of a lot cheaper than the esam ones. :)

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice! Oh and I talked to someone in my neighborhood who has the real esams and he said his rears touched the windows as the rolled up. He used a dremel to shave a little off and problem solved. So it's not that these are replica's it's a universal problem.

Hopefully we see him here I gave him the addy.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Okay, I did my own solution to the rattle. since our glass window has about 4 mm shaking clearance to the visor, it will hit and make vibration whenever the car moves and specially if you slam the door.

I sandwich a 6mm board between the glass and the visor, then fully closing the window. then I apply heat using a heat gun uniformly and carefully to the edge of the visor. now I have somewhat even 6mm clearance between the glass and the visor, front to end.
No more rattle. even if I slam the door. I could have stop from there, but since I already bought the wiper blade I also glued it inside just to make sure it won't rub.
I used the wedge tip of the wiper blade and used locktite super glue gel for the adhesive.

if you want to do this, do it at your own risk.

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
yellow_sub said:
thank you! theres a meet on wed night i'll pm you with the details.

ok everyone i got mine on fri and installed them about 3 seconds later. the wheather has been perfect around here to test them this weekend. it was sunny one day and pouring the next. i noticed that gcat007 put his right up along the curve of the sill and i moved them down about a half inch leaving a yellow boarder around them. the only problem i had is the same as everyone else. the front two visors clip the window on the way up and rattle when driving around. the right side even rattles when the window is up. but this can be solved easily with a stip of felt or rubber from a local hardware store, which i was gonna do anyway so it's really no big deal. other than that these thing look great and do what their supposed to do, so a big thanks to NSP Tommy for producing these thing a hell of a lot cheaper than the esam ones. :)
Hey, I finally saw your car yesterday on the street! I was waiting to turn left on Walnut and Paseo Padre and you were going south on Paseo Padre... Nice looking ride man~!! :cool:

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
daramg said:
Hey, I finally saw your car yesterday on the street! I was waiting to turn left on Walnut and Paseo Padre and you were going south on Paseo Padre... Nice looking ride man~!! :cool:
i must have been goin to class. man how did i miss you? i'm always looking for other scion drivers and of all colors to miss you'd think it wouldn't be your green one!

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
why stick ons? why not the inchannel? Just wondering....I always thought the In-channel looked better....not dissing, just wondering if there is something better about getting the stick on ones.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Sir said:
why stick ons? why not the inchannel? Just wondering....I always thought the In-channel looked better....not dissing, just wondering if there is something better about getting the stick on ones.
why inchannel? why not the stick ons? Just wondering....I always thought the stick ons looked better....not dissing, just wondering if there is something better about getting the inchannel ones.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
okay to answer both questions? the inchannel one compress the rubber seal around the window and have problems with cracking because they don't sit in there right. however somepeople think it looks cleaner personally i dont. the ones on the outside are shapped differently and create a windflow through the car and in my opinion look much better. but since they do just stick on the outside i guess they can be stolen easier. just my 2 cents on the whole debate.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.