Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I Tinted my front windows. I just wanted them to match the back, and it's pretty close. Since there is a light tint on them already,20% seems to be the match. I havn't tinted a window in 12 years, so I am happy I didnt screw it up. I also finally got my bB emblems on. :) It was a good day.

Attachments

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It isn't hard, what takes all the time is making a template so you can get it cut to the right size/shape. Then it is all about keeping the window and film wet, and working out the bubbles. I love it, it is a little darker in the box, and I am sure it will be cooler in the summer. I just dig the fact that my windows match now :)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Good job, I need to do mine.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I keep going out there and looking at it. I really like this mod :). My mustang was black with limo tint windows. Gotta love it.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
I had the shop down the street do mine, It came out pretty good after a bit of drama over the front windshield tint band.

The tinter gave up trying to get the air bubbles out from the painted sections he says its impossible to do but half of the windsheild was laid down just fine while the rest looked like doodoo. The shop owner ordered some black vinyl to cover the edges. Then the tinter just overlayed the whole section and called it good. I thought that kinda sucked but whatever I just took it home and trimmed it around the edges. Thank god the tint guy was too lazy to peel the tint off.

Now its fine I can actually see the left turn lghts without ducking under the mask. :).

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Cravin said:
I had the shop down the street do mine, It came out pretty good after a bit of drama over the front windshield tint band.

The tinter gave up trying to get the air bubbles out from the painted sections he says its impossible to do but half of the windsheild was laid down just fine while the rest looked like doodoo. The shop owner ordered some black vinyl to cover the edges. Then the tinter just overlayed the whole section and called it good. I thought that kinda sucked but whatever I just took it home and trimmed it around the edges. Thank god the tint guy was too lazy to peel the tint off.

Now its fine I can actually see the left turn lghts without ducking under the mask. :).
And it looks great in person! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.