Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Canadian Box
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I ordered a set of 16x8 et25 rims with 195/50R16 to go with 1.5" drop springs, going for very slight poke, nothing crazy.

But when UPS dropped off the wheels.. they are 16x9 et20 stretched on 195/50R16 !

Now the wheels will sit 17.5mm further out than planned, will I have rubbing problems in the front when turning?

They are not mounted yet, originally planning to install springs and put on the wheels in March.

But now I want to double check before I go ahead, don't want to mount it and starting scraping fenders and rims right away :/

I don't want to go camber plates, just want some flush sitting wheels, and 1.5" drop is my maximum.

Thanks! Any tips appreciated!

·
Canadian Box
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to update for those interested , decided it was too much trouble ($$$) to swap the wheels , what with cross border shipping and all that. So I left the 16x9 on and it runs fine with no rub on 1.5" drop.

I have rolled rear fender and the mechanic adjusted the front to 2.3 degree camber I believe.

So yah ...it's works..

pics (and another question) coming soon when I get home.

·
Canadian Box
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
16x9 et15 ebay special, stretched on 195/50R16.

10mm spacer in back, rolled fenders.

2.6º camber in front.

Now for the question.. the center caps that came with the wheels are flat and couldn't fit over the front axel. Anyone know a good place to get centre caps?
The inside clips are 2 1/4" wide.

Actually I just pulled out the rear center caps yesterday, gonna run without them for a while.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
WOW! I wish my xb1 looked that clean ...

I'm sure you can find some center caps somewhere on the net.

I bought new wheels for my ex's car and took her old 17" wheels.
I can't recall the width of the wheel nor the offset, but
it ran perfectly fine without springs rolling on the bump-stops.
Yes ... it was a horrible ride, so I think I put some cut springs
back in for this picture:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.