Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kendall Toyota/Scion didn't want to let the loaded 3.0 go for what I wanted to pay. But they did get more regular xB's in so there was a good selection. I got a TCM auto(for more relaxed freeway driving and so the whole family could drive it if need be. Was a painless buying experience that took about an hour. Drove home then me and my two sons went out for a cruise. At the light nearest our house we were in the left turn lane behind a semi(on Roosevelt blvd) the cross street was Beltline which is actually a 4 lane freeway.
The light changed and the semi started to move(turning left), then there was a flash and the next thing I saw was a PW xB spinning in a cloud of dust and light. This all happenend at about 5:30 PM so traffic was heavy.
A late model Ford Taurus ran the light and hit the xB going 50-70 MPH(depending on which witness you talked to! And there were lots.) We pulled over, I ran to the xB to find a very nice lookin young lady about 22-24. I asked her if she was alright. She said she thought so but her neck hurt. We had her pull her car out of the roadway and I got in with her and stayed until paramedics came. The semi driver went and detained the Taurus driver so I don't know what happened on the other side of the intersection.
I told her that I just recently totalled a 06 PW. And I knew how she felt. She said she had had it five months and it had replaced a Civic(just like me). Turned out we even go to the same body shop. Paramedics and a male friend arrived so we split. It was just f**kin weird and a bit surreal.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Strange encounter. Glad you were there to help her out.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Whoa! That had to be a creepy feeling, almost like looking at your accident from a different viewpoint (sort of)....

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Holy crap that's crazy!!! Congrats on the new Box though.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Damn! Good that she wasn't hurt badly, and nice of you to stay with her like that. I know JUST what that intersection is like (I had relatives in Eugene, and used to always bail off Beltline at Barger, about 1 1/2 miles from there).

Congrats on the new TCM! Enjoy!

Tomas

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Did one of your Sons get her number? ;) Strange

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She was tellin me how she had a trailer hitch installed and used the box to tow quads to the beach. She was very upset about the damage to her box. More so than the pain in her neck...:(

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Dave congrats on the new Box Bro. Wow glad to hear nobody was hurt to bad in that wreck. Damn deer and fords are out to get us LOL. The RS3 would have been nice but you have a shinny new TCM now and I'm really happy for ya. Best of all it's TCM yeah Baby!...LOL.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Congrats on the new box.... sux to hear about the a wreck tho...hope the red light runner gets the book tossed at them!!... jerk...lol
hopefully she recovers ok

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.